Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Sensor Results

Sensor Results 13 Mar 2015 19:15 #6191

What is the significance of "Hard Drive Out Of Band" 9.00 oC Failed" ??
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ultm8 warrior

Sensor Results 13 Mar 2015 19:33 #6192

I suspect it means that one of the temperatures recorded in the hard drive is too high by 9 degrees celsius. I will ask if there is anything useful we can add to this.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Sensor Results 13 Mar 2015 19:37 #6193

What is interesting is that the computer does not have a hard drive---it has a solid-state drive.

Sensor Results 13 Mar 2015 19:55 #6194

Thanks for the update.

Please send the test result and the description of the SSD drive from Disk Utility to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Sensor Results 27 Mar 2015 18:52 #6284

i have the same issue,i have SSD and the sensors test says hard drive out of band 9.00 oC FAILED

Sensor Results 27 Mar 2015 18:57 #6285

Instead the SSD out of band 9.00 oC says that is passed.

Sensor Results 27 Mar 2015 19:23 #6286

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. The fans tests is new, and there are some things about which we are going to have to ask the programmers as they arise. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Sensor Results 04 May 2015 12:13 #6402

I have the same problem. I've run the test on my iMac with SSD and it's showing a 'Hard Drive Out of Band' failure with a reading of 9.00 oC. I've been a user of Techtools Pro for quite a few years now and while the core functionality of the product is generally excellent I've noticed a lack of attention to detail in certain areas of the product. You provide tests for numerous sensors without providing any information on the outcome. Would it kill you to provide a description of the function of the sensor being tested and the implications of both a failure and a passing test as well as what action a user should take in the event of a failing test? Without that information the sensor test feature isn't terribly useful as I can't find any information online about a hard drive out of band sensor failure.The only option I'm left with the option of contacting Apple about the problem. How worried should I be about this?

Sensor Results 04 May 2015 13:33 #6403

I regret that I cannot provide a detailed interpretation of the results of this new test. I have forwarded your posting.

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Sensor Results 10 Jul 2015 07:19 #6544

Same thing here. I have a BTO late 2013 iMac with an SSD and got the "Hard Drive Out-Of-Band" failure warning with a recorded value of 9 ÂșC. I'm guessing it's just a reporting error with the software at this point.

Sensor Results 10 Jul 2015 10:20 #6545

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. Thank you for your cooperation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Sensor Results 06 Aug 2016 16:02 #7425

I am profoundly disappointed to say that I have the same error in the newly released TTP 9.0.1. Given the topic started in MAR 2015 I should think someone would have addressed this error/bug in nearly 1.5 years. Please advise as to when - exactly - we can expect either a fix or an update explaining the situation. Thanks !

Sensor Results 06 Aug 2016 16:26 #7427

Such problems can be solved when they can be reproduced. Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email, and may be asked to send in an Apple System Information report. The information you provide may make it possible to get this problem fixed in the next update. There is no way today to know when that update will be done. We would like to address any of the problems that people have found in TechTool Pro 9.0.1. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Sensor Results 06 Aug 2016 16:58 #7428

The problem may not be with TechTool Pro at all, but with the way the temperature sensing is done in your particular model with its SSD drive and its temperature sensor cable.

TechTool Pro 9.0.1 is reporting that the hard drive proximity temperature in my iMac (mid-2010) is 39 degrees F. So does iStat menus. Try installing its free 14 day demo, and see how its temperatures compare to those reported by TechTool Pro.

bjango.com/mac/istatmenus/
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.305 seconds