Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Failed Installation of Techtool Pro

Failed Installation of Techtool Pro 04 Aug 2013 17:49 #4435

dear reader

I download the Techtool PRO v7 and it failed in Installation. Can you pls help me as i m running mountain Lion on my MBP.

Thanks
Mano
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Failed Installation of Techtool Pro 04 Aug 2013 17:59 #4436

Try repairing permissions with Disk Utility, and then run the Installer again, while logged in as an administrative user. If that does not work, try downloading the installer again from the Available Downloads at the bottom of the My Account page.

If the new download fails, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this tread. There are some rare cases that require downloading via another server to get a good download. You will receive a reply by email on Monday.

I suggest that you boot from the Recovery partition and use Disk Utility to check the disk directory of the usual startup volume if the new download does not install properly.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Failed Installation of Techtool Pro 04 Aug 2013 18:11 #4437

There are some users who are missing a file that the system software uses to run the installer as a root process. You can tell if you have the file by launching Terminal, located in /Applications/Utilities, and typing at the prompt:

sudo whoami

Press the return key.

If you get an error message about the sudoer file not being present, the most straightforward solution is to reinstall Mac OS X.

When this problem arose during an attempt to install Checkmate, this dialog box appeared:
Attachments:
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Failed Installation of Techtool Pro 04 Aug 2013 19:16 #4440

Hi Guys ..

Sorry i did use Disk utility and it failed again to install. I got into Terminal and it does show no SUDOERS are available.

I am skeptical to reinstall MAC OS as i got to many things on this MBP.

Any other suggestions ?

Failed Installation of Techtool Pro 04 Aug 2013 19:47 #4441

You should make a backup of the present startup volume, then boot from the Recovery volume and reinstall Mac OS X. Then restart from the usual startup volume and allow it to import the users and third-party applications from the backup:

support.apple.com/kb/PH11273?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Without solving the problem of the missing sudoer file, you cannot successfully install any program that requires root access for the installer. It is also possible that more than the missing sudoer file is wrong with your present installation of Mac OS X .
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Failed Installation of Techtool Pro 04 Aug 2013 19:54 #4444

I have been told that a Time Machine backup is the best one for use with this reinstallation, because of the way Apple's Migration Assistant works to restore your users, third-party programs, and settings from the backup. A clone made using Super Duper or Carbon Copy Cloner should also work.

It may not be necessary to restart from the usual startup volume for the reinstallation to import your users, settings, and third-party programs. Just follow the instructions on the screen after booting from the Recovery volume and choosing to reinstall Mac OS X. I did this a few months ago, and was quite surprised at how smoothly the process works.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 04 Aug 2013 19:56 by micromattech3.
Time to create page: 0.391 seconds