Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: TechTool Pro 6 crashed

TechTool Pro 6 crashed 25 Mar 2016 19:04 #7098

Program crashed while running and trying to determine what causes my Mac to crash every few days.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TechTool Pro 6 crashed 25 Mar 2016 19:20 #7099

Please send the crash log to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email. Be sure to mention what part of the program you were using when it crash.

I suggest that you run the Volume Structures test, the S.M.A.R.T. test, the RAM test, and the Surface Scan separately, rather than as part of the Check Computer suite. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TechTool Pro 6 crashed 25 Mar 2016 19:43 #7100

If you have a bootable clone of your usual startup volume that was made before the crashing started and has not been updated since it started, it would be preferable to boot from that clone and run the tests using the copy of TechTool Pro on the clone. That approach would eliminate the influence of any corruption of the system software on the usual startup volume, and minimize the possible ill-effects of any unremapped bad blocks on the usual startup volume.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.330 seconds