Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Should I replace this rebuild directory data

Should I replace this rebuild directory data 12 Nov 2014 05:44 #5931

I start rebuild this volume because it's not mount.These data show that I've lost 3 directories.what should I do please help. Thanks in advance.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Should I replace this rebuild directory data 12 Nov 2014 11:30 #5932

The Technical Comparison window shows that the rebuilt volume would have three fewer folders, but eight more files. Having more files in fewer folders suggests to me that the new directory will correctly record what folders files should be in. I think you should replace the directory, but as always, be sure you have a backup of the volume before you do.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Should I replace this rebuild directory data 12 Nov 2014 18:22 #5935

Thank you for your advice,but my disk can not mount so I can not back up anything.Do you have any suggestion for how to back up my unmount volume.

Should I replace this rebuild directory data 12 Nov 2014 18:46 #5936

I do not know of a way to make a backup of a volume that will not mount. I do not recall seeing any references to a way to do that.

You should be making regular backups of your volumes. I doubt that something will go drastically wrong if you replace the disk directory of this volume, but you should consider whether you have backups of the files on it, and how old those backups are.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds