Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Unable to Install Tech Tools Pro 6 - Installer Damaged

Unable to Install Tech Tools Pro 6 - Installer Damaged 09 Sep 2014 23:56 #5797

I've downloaded the DVD image file twice, and burned each image file twice. Yet every time I try to install, I get an error message telling me the Installer is Damaged.

"Installer is damaged.
Installer is unable to open the package. This is likely due to Install framework's runner executable not having the proper ownership and/or permissions."

I'm running 10.5.8, on a Late 2006 iMac.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Unable to Install Tech Tools Pro 6 - Installer Damaged 10 Sep 2014 00:16 #5798

It is not necessary to burn a DVD to install TechTool Pro 6. You can download the installer for the application from the same page from which you downloaded the dmg file of the bootable DVD. We do not recommend running the program from a bootable DVD, because when the Macintosh is booted from a locked volume, virtual memory cannot be used, and no log files can be written.

You should run the program from an eDrive.

It is possible that you got a bad download of the dmg file, and that you will also get a bad download of the installer. If you download the installer, and repairing permissions with Disk Utility does not allow you to install the application while you are logged in with an administrative account, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply tomorrow, and can be provided with a means of downloading the file from another server. Such cases of bad downloads are rare, but we do have a means of solving them.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.365 seconds