Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: When I boot from OSx I cannot view reports created by the eDrive.

When I boot from OSx I cannot view reports created by the eDrive. 21 May 2014 15:19 #5466

Hi,

Forgive me if this is an old topic but I did not see any similar issue when I searched the manual, and this forum.
Yesterday, I created an eDrive in order to optimize my boot disk. The optimization completed without any errors, however, when I boot up normally, and select the "reports" option, I only see details of activity performed when in OSx, such as the creation of the eDrive, optimization of my second drive, etc. I do not see any reports of the activity performed while in eDrive mode. To view these reports I have to restart in eDrive mode. Is this to be expected or there is some quirk in my system.
I have two separate harddrives, drive 1 is my normal boot drive, and the eDrive is located on drive 2.
I am using a 2007 intel 2.66 GHz. Mac running OSx 10.6.8, Techtool Version 6.0.8.

Delano
The administrator has disabled public write access.

When I boot from OSx I cannot view reports created by the eDrive. 21 May 2014 15:25 #5467

What you are seeing is to be expected because each copy of TechTool Pro has its own reports file on the same volume as the one that that copy of TechTool Pro is on.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

When I boot from OSx I cannot view reports created by the eDrive. 21 May 2014 15:41 #5468

Micromattech3,
OK. Thank you for your very prompt reply. Although, it would be nice to be able to view all reports regardless of the volume booted from. By the way, does this mean that if I remove the eDrive those reports will disappear?
Delano

When I boot from OSx I cannot view reports created by the eDrive. 21 May 2014 16:49 #5469

You are welcome.

You might find the suggestion about saving the report as a Webarchive helpful:

Reports section of the TechTool Pro 6 manual

If you remove the eDrive, every file on it is no longer recorded in a disk directory.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.334 seconds