Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Volume Cloning: TT 6 won't let me restore back to Mac HD / "original volume"

Volume Cloning: TT 6 won't let me restore back to Mac HD / "original volume" 20 Mar 2014 19:41 #5275

After attempting "Volume Optimization" I got the following message:

TT6 WARNING MESSAGE:
Volume's Directory is fragmented. It is not safe to optimize.Restart from an eDrive.
1)From the original volume to a new empty volume do "Volume Cloning" "File Sync Cloning".
2)From the new volume back to the original volume do "Volume Cloning" "Duplicate Cloning."
(end warning message)

Now I successfully did instruction #1 and backed up my "MacBook HD" to one of 3 partitions on a USB drive named "MacBook HDbu"

But now I'm trying to adhere to instruction #2, restore the copy back to my "MacBook HD" but can only do so via "File Sync Cloning" and NOT "Duplicate Cloning". If I select "Duplicate Cloning" it won't let me select my original "MacBook HD", only another partition on the USB back-up drive.

Please advise.

but it won't let me choose the partitioned drive "MacBook HDbu", the drive I backed up to. It will only let me choose another partition on my backup USB drive.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Volume Cloning: TT 6 won't let me restore back to Mac HD / "original volume" 20 Mar 2014 21:20 #5276

The copying routine used in Duplicate Cloning copies the contents of one volume to another, by copying bits of data, not files. When it is used, the destination volume must be at least as large as the source volume. The reason it is suggested is that it is faster than File Synch cloning. If you cannot use Duplicate Cloning, then use File Sync cloning, which copies files. It works just as well, while taking a bit longer.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.346 seconds