Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Mac 10.6.8 edrive bootcamp

Mac 10.6.8 edrive bootcamp 31 Oct 2013 18:14 #4858

I am using an iMac OS 10.6.8 and TTP 6 and bootcamp with Windosw 7 and when I created an edrive and then try to use the boot camp assistant it will not open. If I understand the message that appeared correctly you say it should work with Windows 7. Where am I going wrong?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mac 10.6.8 edrive bootcamp 31 Oct 2013 18:44 #4859

It used to be the case that you could have a Boot Camp volume, a regular Mac OS Extended volume, and an eDrive on the same device if the system software was Snow Leopard Mac OS X 10.6.x or earlier. Starting with Lion, only one other volume (that you can see) on the device is allowed if Boot Camp is to be present, and Boot camp will not be installed if there are already two volumes (that you can see) on the device. We suspect that Apple revised the Boot Camp program and made this apply to earlier system software. The details about the volumes are here:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boot_Camp_%28software%29

I can only suggest that you put the eDrive on another drive. You can use a USB memory stick of at least 32 GB capacity, formatted with Disk Utility to have a GUID partition map and a single Mac OS Extended (journaled) volume.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 31 Oct 2013 19:25 by micromattech3.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.364 seconds