Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Remove TechTool Pro 6 from my iMac

Remove TechTool Pro 6 from my iMac 24 Oct 2013 23:24 #4810

I want to completely remove TechTool Pro 6 from my iMac. I have it installed on a bootable USB drive running Mountain Lion. I upgraded the iMac's internal drive to Mac OS X 10.9 so I want to have Techtool 6 removed and I will probably install TechTool 7 in the future. I cannot find my install image for Techtool Pro. I want to make sure that I delete all relevant files.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Remove TechTool Pro 6 from my iMac 24 Oct 2013 23:39 #4811

At the My Account page linked above, you should see the TechTool Pro 6 installer in Available Downloads, at the bottom of the page. If you do not, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply by email.

I do have instructions for manually removing the program, but they are both lengthy and old, and I cannot be certain that they will completely remove TechTool Pro 6.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Remove TechTool Pro 6 from my iMac 01 Oct 2014 07:24 #5834

Just a sanity check for my own peace of mind.

Before realising that TTP 6 is incompatible with Mavericks, I installed it on my Mac Pro. In order to remove it, I ran the TTP 6 installer again and "installed" the Remove TTP application (only). This removed the program from the Applications folder and also removed the icon in the dock (though a ? remained). After this, I restarted the computer and installed TTP 7.

Was this the right way to proceed? Is there a way to check that I removed TTP 6 completely?

Many thanks for the help
philip

Remove TechTool Pro 6 from my iMac 01 Oct 2014 10:40 #5836

You cannot remove all of TechTool Pro 6 by using the Finder. Run the installer again to install the program, then use the Customize button to uninstall it. That approach easily removes the background processes from the list used by launchd at login.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: philipus

Remove TechTool Pro 6 from my iMac 01 Oct 2014 11:05 #5837

Um, now I am confused. I didn't remove TTP 6 using Finder. I ran the installer, please see what I wrote. So I take it I did it the right way then?

Remove TechTool Pro 6 from my iMac 01 Oct 2014 12:39 #5838

Using the Customize button in the Installer and checking all the relevant boxes removes the program. Running the TechTool Pro 7 installer to install TechTool Pro 7 also removes the program, including earlier versions.

I am sorry for the confusion. After answering your other posting, I got something in my right eye while working on this one, and was not reading as carefully as I should have. I assumed that your postings were largely identical, which they were not.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: philipus

Remove TechTool Pro 6 from my iMac 01 Oct 2014 18:50 #5839

Thanks for posting back. Then i think all is well.
Cheers
Philip

Remove TechTool Pro 6 from my iMac 01 Oct 2014 18:51 #5840

You are welcome, and thanks for the update.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.352 seconds