Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Repair of NTFS drives/files with TTP 6/7. Possible?

Repair of NTFS drives/files with TTP 6/7. Possible? 19 Oct 2013 15:27 #4770

I've been using the TTP series of products for years and have marveled regarding it's utility every time. Now I'm trying something else, recovering an NTFS drive. I had thought installing Paragon Software's NTFS offering (www.paragon-software.com/home/ntfs-hfs-bundle/index.html) would be good beginning but they recommend using Apple's Disk Utility which I always thought was rather lame. Which brought me back to consider Micromat. Is there a way of getting these diverse technologies together so that a person with a Mac and who needs to fix NTFS drives can use Micromat?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Repair of NTFS drives/files with TTP 6/7. Possible? 19 Oct 2013 15:53 #4771

The forums are moderated. New postings do not appear here until they are approved by a moderator.

Unfortunately, the ability to repair a different volume format better than the existing utilities would probably require years of research and development. The developer would have to have a library of drives with NTFS disk directory errors, and then study what could be done to improve upon the existing utilities' ability to rebuild the NTFS directory. There is not, to my knowledge, much demand for such a product on the Macintosh platform, given that NTFS is a Microsoft Windows volume format.

The Surface Scan in TechTool Pro is not dependent on either the partition map scheme or the volume format, so you could use it to check the drive for unremapped bad blocks.

I hope you will be able to find a utility that will allow you to recover the files. If you are successful, please let us know what worked in your case, as it might help another person.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 19 Oct 2013 16:03 by micromattech3.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.364 seconds