Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Upgrading eDrive in TechTool Pro 7

Upgrading eDrive in TechTool Pro 7 20 Jun 2013 19:34 #4106

Upgraded to TechToolPro 7. Started eDrive. Clicked on "look for updates". Message: Latest version 6.0.6. How can I upgrade eDrive to 7. Do I have to delete eDrive and create new?
Last Edit: 25 Jun 2013 14:30 by micromattech3.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Upgrading eDrive in TachToolPro 7 20 Jun 2013 19:50 #4107

Use the Mount eDrive button in the TechTool Pro application to mount the eDrive, then copy the TechTool Pro 7 installer to the eDrive. Boot from the eDrive, then force quit TechTool Pro (so that you do not get an automatic reboot from your usual startup volume). Run the TechTool Pro 7 installer, which will automatically remove the TechTool Pro 6 installation from the eDrive. Launch TechTool Pro 7, enter your new TechTool Pro 7 serial number, and allow it to upgrade the TechTool Protection system preferences pane.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Upgrading eDrive in TachToolPro 7 31 Jul 2013 18:32 #4426

The TechTool Protection system preferences pane does not get installed on the eDrive.

The tests that are configured in the TechTool Protection system preferences pane do not run on schedule when the TechTool Pro application is in use, which is usually the case when the Macintosh is booted from the eDrive.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 31 Jul 2013 19:37 by micromattech3.
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds