Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Can't open certain files after running volume optimization.

Can't open certain files after running volume optimization. 12 Jun 2013 13:26 #4084

After running volume optimization I can't open certain files any longer. It seems that only photo files (like .tiff, .nef and .orf) are affected. Previews in finder are gone and when I try to open these files in photoshop I get an error message. At the same time in one folder I have both files which I can still open and those that are damaged. It looks like volume optimization really screwed up. What should I do? I don't have backup for some lost files.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can't open certain files after running volume optimization. 12 Jun 2013 14:38 #4085

I am sorry to see that you had this outcome after running the volume optimization.

You should never run any disk optimizer without making a backup first. The program warns you to make a backup when it is launched.

Try opening some of the affected files in Preview, to see if the damage affects the way Photoshop sees the files but not Preview. I would appreciate it if you would send a sample of a damaged file to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. Thank you.

You should check the disk directory of this volume with Disk Utility or the Volume Structures test, and run the Surface Scan to check the drive for unremapped bad blocks.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.354 seconds