Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: TechToolProDaemon goes nuts and consumes all CPU time

TechToolProDaemon goes nuts and consumes all CPU time 26 May 2013 17:56 #4071

TTP 6.0.6
Mac OS X 10.7.5 (11G63)

Sometimes the TechToolProDaemon goes nuts and starts to consume all CPU time (see attached screenshot).
I have to force quit the process to stop it.
It seems to me that it happens more frequently when the free space on the system volume sink below the threshold I set in the TechTool Protection preference pane. In fact, if I try to open the TechTool Protection preference pane when the TechToolProDaemon process is in this state, System Preferences hangs and displays the SBBOD.

P.S.
The Preview button in the Create Topic page doesn't work (tested with iCab 5.0.5 and Safari 6.0.4).
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TechToolProDaemon goes nuts and consumes all CPU time 26 May 2013 18:50 #4072

Thanks for your clear and detailed report, and for the screen capture.

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email on Tuesday, and may be asked to send in some log files. Thank you.

I do not recall all the details, but I have found that when some process, such as the Adobe Flash plug-in, is using too much of the CPU, System Preferences is likely to crash upon launch.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TechToolProDaemon goes nuts and consumes all CPU time 26 May 2013 21:40 #4073

micromattech3 wrote:
Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread.

Done.

TechToolProDaemon goes nuts and consumes all CPU time 26 May 2013 21:55 #4074

Thank you.

Screen captures are not displaying in these forum threads, but if the image is copied or downloaded, it seems to look better than the ones in our previous forums.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 26 May 2013 21:59 by micromattech3.
Time to create page: 0.375 seconds