Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: eDrive and FileVault

eDrive and FileVault 22 Apr 2013 18:47 #3947

I just got a new model IMac (27 inch, late 2012), and I cannot create an eDrive. I have the latest system software 10.8.3, and installed TechTool Pro 6.0.6 after the update to 10.8.3. Now the program tells me it cannot create the eDrive since FieVault 2 is enabled for the volume. But it is actually not enabled, I am not using FileVault at all. So what can I do to solve this problem? Creating an eDrive worked on my old machine...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

eDrive and FileVault 22 Apr 2013 19:18 #3948

The only solution we can offer now is for you to create the eDrive on another drive.

The problem arises because at the time when TechTool Pro 6 was written, FileVault2 was the only type of volume that used CoreStorage, so that is how the presence of a FileVault2 protected volume was detected. Now, both Fusion drives and 3 terabyte drives using CoreStorage have this characteristic, and so they appear to be FileVault2 volumes to the program. Another method of identifying a FileVault2 protected volume will have to be found.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

eDrive and FileVault 01 Aug 2013 19:37 #4427

Hello, can you please tell me if the eDrive problem for Macs with a Fusion drive has been resolved in the new TechTool Pro 7 software? The product website does not say anything about this.

Thanks, Dieter

eDrive and FileVault 01 Aug 2013 21:55 #4428

The eDrive cannot be placed on the Fusion drive with the current version of TechTool Pro.

The details about what happens if you try to create an eDrive on a Fusion drive are in this thread:

eDrive
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.347 seconds