Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: tool graphics are not showing up

tool graphics are not showing up 16 Apr 2013 19:00 #3921

I just intalled Micromat Pro 6 and while running the tools, I notices the UI had lost of empty space, while reading the manual I realized there where graphs supposed to go there.

I have a OSx 10.8

please help
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: tool graphics are not showing up 16 Apr 2013 19:23 #3922

The problem is that Apple's video drivers in Mac OS X 10.8.0 through 10.8.3 do not properly support Apple's Quartz Extreme graphics routines on several graphics cards that Apple shipped with its computers. If we rewrote the graphics using newer code, then the program would not run on some currently supported older computers.

Apple is well aware of the problem.

Please see Animations Disabled for Certain Video Cards

I myself will not be upgrading to Mountain Lion until Apple fixes the video drivers, because my iMac has one of the affected video cards.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: bertmg

tool graphics are not showing up 29 Apr 2013 14:10 #3967

Yes, I would REALLY like to see the visual representations return such as fragmentation update status. Apple screwed this up since 10.8.2 but did nothing about it in the 10.8.3 release. Isn't there any other way to draw some graphics within your program? IDK, flash? HTML5? Java? How about a TTP 7 update? By the way, I was never a fan of the "side-view" bar graph method of trying to visual what is going on during defrag. Too much info is hidden that way. How about going back to the overhead "birds-eye view" of the disk. Even the amorphous "water-blob" was a little more informative. If Apple is well aware of the problem, are they ignoring you? I thought they even used TTP at the "genius bar"? Try calling Cupertino every day and knocking some heads. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
(PS: Your "Preview" button below is not working)

tool graphics are not showing up 29 Apr 2013 14:19 #3968

Thanks for your observations, which I have passed along to the beta administrator for TechTool Pro.

The lack of an update for the video drivers is preventing me from upgrading to Mountain Lion.

It is my understanding that the only alternative code is newer code that will not run on the oldest machines currently supported. I do expect that Apple will fix the video drivers, but do not know when. If I knew any more details about progress made, I could not post them, because they would be covered by an Apple non-disclosure agreement.

Thanks for mentioning the Preview button. It is surprising how many things must be configured when moving the forums to a new server.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.369 seconds