Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Can't Start Up with TechTool Pro DVD

Can't Start Up with TechTool Pro DVD 23 Nov 2014 23:03 #5962

I have used TTP 4.6.1 successfully with my PowerMac QS 2000 & Mac OS 10.4.11 virtually since 4.6.1 came out. This is not an everyday thing, only when the computer gets a bit wonky.

At this time the computer is wonky but TTP is no go. Trying to start up from the TTP DVD the computer chimes, the Apple logo appears, the timer wheel never appears and the computer crashes to a bunch of black writing on the display.

The CD/DVD drive works just fine with any other disk I put in it. The TTP DVD shows up just fine in the 10.4.11 desktop.
Where do I go from here - noting please that I am Terminal illiterate?

Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can't Start Up with TechTool Pro DVD 23 Nov 2014 23:10 #5963

The only suggestion I can make is that you reset the PRAM. Given the age of the computer, the PRAM battery probably needs to be replaced.

You would be better off creating an eDrive on an external drive. When TechTool Pro is run from the bootable DVD, virtual memory cannot be used, and no log files can be written.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Can't Start Up with TechTool Pro DVD 24 Nov 2014 00:53 #5964

If you have access to another Macintosh capable of running TechTool Pro 4.6.1 and having working FireWire, you could install TechTool Pro 4.6.1 on the other Macintosh and connect the two computers using FireWire Target Disk Mode, if both models support the feature.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 24 Nov 2014 00:55 by micromattech3.
Time to create page: 0.245 seconds