Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: eDrive please go away...

eDrive please go away... 15 Apr 2014 00:56 #5325

I have refurbished one of my PowerPC. It has two internal hard drives. One drive has Tiger and the other has Leopard.

The eDrive is installed on the Tiger hard drive.

Now i have added an external firewire hard drive dedicated to OS 9: Not Classic.

When I am booted into the external firewrie drive the eDrive sits there like a lump.

I'm OK with it however when my music students are working with my computer they always poke around despite the serious warnings i have made to them.

Is there some way to have eDrive go away ?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

eDrive please go away... 15 Apr 2014 01:03 #5326

The reason that the eDrive unmounts automatically at the end of the boot when TechTool Pro is installed on the active boot volume is that the TechToolProDaemon process is launched and in turn it unmounts the eDrive. That clearly cannot happen when the active boot volume has only Mac OS 9 on it. You could use Disk Utility from Mac OS 9 to manually unmount the eDrive.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

eDrive please go away... 15 Apr 2014 16:45 #5327

Thanks for the insight and heads up solution ( ah, that's why eDrive will not go away ).

For some reason i recall some freebe version of TechToolPro in OS 7, 8 and 9.

eDrive please go away... 15 Apr 2014 16:50 #5329

You are welcome.

The free program was TechTool Lite. The download requires BinHex 4, about which I had forgotten.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

eDrive please go away... 15 Apr 2014 17:03 #5331

MicroMat Tech3 wrote:
The free program was TechTool Lite. The download requires BinHex 4, about which I had forgotten.

Thanks for the url to TechTool Lite. So then I could use it on my external OS 9 hard drive and in my Performa 6360 running OS 8 and 9 ??????

Would TechTool Deluxe 3.1.4 be available for a free download to me ?

I've been purchasing TechTool ever since version 4.

eDrive please go away... 15 Apr 2014 17:21 #5332

You are welcome.

L believeTechTool Lite will run under both Mac OS 8 and Mac OS 9.

TechTool Deluxe was a reduced version of TechTool Pro (less reduced than TechTool Lite) that was sold by Apple with AppleCare. It is not available for download, and is not sold now.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.316 seconds