Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: TechTool Pro 4 Update & Boot DVD

TechTool Pro 4 Update & Boot DVD 09 Apr 2012 07:27 #2237

I use TechTool Pro 4.5.2.CD. I've downloaded the TechTool Pro 4.6.2.dmg. Installer. (I haven't used it yet).

Can I make a DVD that incorporates the info from the TechTool Pro 4.5.2. CD and the TechTool Pro 4.6.2.dmg Installer? And if possible, how would I go about it?

Angelcuco
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: TechTool Pro 4 Update & Boot DVD 09 Apr 2012 07:55 #2238

I do not know of any way of doing what you are describing. You can make a new TechTool Pro 4.6.2 bootable DVD by clicking the "How Do I Create a Bootable TechTool Pro DVD" title at www.micromat.com/support .

You should run TechTool Pro from a bootable hard drive volume, an eDrive, or a bootable USB memory stick (for Intel-based models only). When the program is run from a locked volume, such as a bootable DVD, virtual memory cannot be used, and no log files can be written.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: TechTool Pro 4 Update & Boot DVD 11 Jan 2013 01:30 #3575

Micromattech3, Hopefully you are online. What version do I need to be able to to update to something that will work with OSX 10.6.8? Ii have 3 and 4 but can't find the V. 4 to get the serial number from.

Re: TechTool Pro 4 Update & Boot DVD 11 Jan 2013 01:39 #3576

Edward,

The upgrade page at www.micromat.com/techtoolpro requests a serial number from a previous version of TechTool Pro. It does not specify what previous version. If you have your TechTool Pro 3 serial number, please give it a try, and if it does not work, contact the sales department tomorrow.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: TechTool Pro 4 Update & Boot DVD 11 Jan 2013 01:41 #3577

I have three swapfiles open. 0,1&2. I found that i can update to the latest Version 6 but what does it have to update from? I can't Find my V4, but I did find V3.

Re: TechTool Pro 4 Update & Boot DVD 11 Jan 2013 01:43 #3578

If I purchase the update will I receive a hard copy of the CD or do I burn it?

Re: TechTool Pro 4 Update & Boot DVD 11 Jan 2013 01:44 #3579

Once you purchase TechTool Pro 6, you will have the option of downloading an application installer or downloading a disk image of a bootable DVD. Both options are always there, at the bottom of the Login/Register page, under Available Downloads.

It is preferable to run TechTool Pro from a hard drive volume, an eDrive, or a USB memory stick, rather than from a bootable DVD. When the Macintosh is booted from a locked volume, such as a bootable DVD, virtual memory cannot be used, and no log files can be written.

Having three swapfiles is normal, and not a cause for concern.

If your version 3 serial number does not work in this store, you will have to contact the sales department tomorrow. They will be happy to help you. There are some things that we cannot do automatically through this online store, because the store does not have records of purchases that go back far enough.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 11 Jan 2013 01:48 by micromattech3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: hurst01@twc.com

Re: TechTool Pro 4 Update & Boot DVD 11 Jan 2013 01:46 #3580

Thanks, I will give it a try.

Re: TechTool Pro 4 Update & Boot DVD 11 Jan 2013 01:49 #3581

You are welcome.

I just added some more text to my reply.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: TechTool Pro 4 Update & Boot DVD 11 Jan 2013 01:53 #3582

I see there is something called Checkmate, Techtool Pro 6 and Protogo. Whis is best?

Re: TechTool Pro 4 Update & Boot DVD 11 Jan 2013 01:59 #3583

You can compare the products by using their individual product descriptions. Checkmate is new, and runs read-only tests only when you are not using your Macintosh. TechTool Protogo is a way of making a bootable device that runs TechTool Pro (which is included) and allows you to add other applications.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: TechTool Pro 4 Update & Boot DVD 11 Jan 2013 02:05 #3584

I am pretty illiterate when using a computer but I know that Techtool pro works. Would you personally have a preference between the Protogo or Techtool Pro 6? You say V6 comes with Protogo?

Re: TechTool Pro 4 Update & Boot DVD 11 Jan 2013 02:16 #3585

TechTool Protogo comes with TechTool Pro 6. TechTool Pro 6 does not come with Protogo.

I suggest that you get TechTool Pro 6 tomorrow, by contacting the sales department.

You should read the TechTool Pro 6 manual before you use it. There have been some changes since version 4.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds