Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Can't disable alerts

Can't disable alerts Yesterday 10:35 #12181

I've just upgraded and successfully installed Pro 12 but now I get the attached Protection Alert every 10 minutes and I can't figure out how to disable it. In my Mac preferences/notifications I've blanked every possible TechTool notification, restarted but they keep showing up, whatever I'm doing and it's really annoying.
I've also emailed TechTool help but haven't had a reply.
Anyone have any ideas please?
Thanks
PS It looks like the Add File thing isn't working because I can't see the screen shot attached. It says "TechTool Protection Alert!" and it's about the amount of free space on Macintosh HD.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Can't disable alerts Yesterday 11:01 #12182

The alerts are controlled by the TechTool Protection system preferences pane, not the TechTool Pro application.

Please see this thread about why you should have at least 15% free space on a drive:

www.micromat.com/component/kunena/techto...recovery-drive#11848

In addition, it has been found that an SSD that is really full will wear out quickly:

From How to Maximize SSD Life Span & Performance; Avoid These 7 Mistakes

Do Not Fill SSD To Full Capacity

SSDs may suffer a performance issue, especially in writing speed when the drive reaches full capacity. The logic is simple when you have a lot of free space, and it is easy to perform data written on empty cells. When the drive is full, SSD needs to find out the partially filled blocks and move back data to cache, and write back to drive. This is going to be a time-consuming effort while we consider the file size in MBs.

It is better to have 25% of your space set aside as free and only consume 75% of the drive space to keep the right balance between performance and space utilization.

There are many additional details about disk space in this thread:

www.micromat.com/component/kunena/techto...repancies/edit/12009
Attachments:
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: Yesterday 11:01 by micromattech3.

Can't disable alerts Yesterday 04:14 #12197

Thank you for your reply, I will certainly do the volumes check. However - and forgive me for seeming stupid - but I cannot figure out how to get into the "TechTool Protection system preferences pane". Can you help please, I desperately need to stop these alerts!
thanks
th

Can't disable alerts Today 12:07 #12198

Under the Apple menu, choose System Preferences. Use the Show All button (the rectangle with twelve tiny squares in it) to show all of the System Preferences. Then open the TechTool Protection system preferences pane, and go to the Volume Usage.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.378 seconds