Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Mojave random freezes

Mojave random freezes 18 Mar 2020 01:19 #11884

Hello.
I’ve tried almost everything to make my macbook pro (early 2015, 8 Gb Ram), from buying a new 1 Tb SSD to TTP12. I made a clean install of High Sierra and then decided to try Mojave. It’s been a nightmare ever since. Random freezes, iMovie not working and all my apps taking forever to work. I’ve tried rebuilding, used the eDrive, disabled Spotlight, used Disk Utility, everything several times with no luck. My other problem is with Catalina, since it offers -so far- nothing but new problems for me. Before erasing everything once again, to go back to High Sierra, is there anything you could suggest to make Mojave usable? Thanks in advance. Emilio.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mojave random freezes 18 Mar 2020 01:35 #11885

I assume you have already run the Surface Scan while booted from the eDrive, to check the new SSD for bad memory cells, and have run the Memory Test to check the RAM.

If the two suggestions above find no problems, I think the fastest way to get a functioning computer would be to go back to High Sierra. I do not think this is a good time to be trying to determine why Mojave is not working on your MacBook Pro. If you run into problems with reinstalling High Sierra, the Apple Forums would be a good place to get some advice. High Sierra is old, but still being supported by Apple with security updates and new compatible versions of Safari. I hope the reinstallation goes well.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.367 seconds