Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: TTP 12 crashing or stalling

TTP 12 crashing or stalling 14 Mar 2020 01:32 #11868

I have a solid state drive that I'm trying to run partition repair & TTP has mostly stalled 9 seconds into starting & on occasion has crashed. Now this particular Boost EdgePro drive was working in a vintage 2008 MacBook Pro but stopped starting up. So I pulled it & using a SATA adaptor tried to see why it wasn't working. Every Mac computer I tried it on said the disk was not initialized, hence I purchased TTP 12 to try to figure out the problem. But it doesn't get past verifying partition map. Help, please.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TTP 12 crashing or stalling 14 Mar 2020 01:38 #11869

It is possible that the partition map is so badly damaged that the it causes the program to be unable to continue.

What I would suggest is that you run the Surface Scan to check the drive for unremapped bad blocks, and if it is supported, run the SMART test.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TTP 12 crashing or stalling 16 Mar 2020 01:04 #11872

Partition mapping passed & no bad blocks, won't do SMART. HD doesn't show up when I try testing the directory structure.

TTP 12 crashing or stalling 16 Mar 2020 01:20 #11873

That is an unusual combination of test results. It is odd that the volume does not show up in the Volume Structures test. That suggests that despite the drive's passing of the Partition Map test, the volume is not being recognized as an HFS+ or APFS volume.

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply by email on Monday. In the meantime, please do not delete any log files, which may provide a clue about why the volume is not appearing in the Volume Structures test. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 16 Mar 2020 01:27 by micromattech3.

TTP 12 crashing or stalling 16 Mar 2020 01:26 #11874

It is possible that the partition map correctly defines where the volume is, its type, size, and starting and ending blocks, but that the disk directory is either absent or completely unreadable. In such a case, the options would be to use Disk Utility to initialize the drive, with the loss of whatever data is on it, or to send the drive to a data recovery firm, such as DriveSavers.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.407 seconds