Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Looking for a way to export File Structures report to a spreadsheet

Looking for a way to export File Structures report to a spreadsheet 11 Feb 2020 22:51 #11809

In performing a File Structures scan of my office system, which has 16TB of storage and tons of data from clients, TTP reported a large number of files with "unusual attributes/errors". I know that some of them are corrupted image files from a photographer client who filled her hard drive too full, but others are not and there are too many of them to try to trace, one at a time. In a scan of over a million files on one of the four hard drives in the system, it came up with over 1,500 files that had "unusual attributes/errors".

I'd like to export the list as a "slash-and-return" delimited, tab-delimited or csv file so i can import it into a spreadsheet, sort it to find suspect folders, examine and review them. I can see no way to do this. It is possible to go to "Reports" and print the list or to copy and paste its contents but the format was created for viewing and is not amenable to spreadsheets without writing some fairly arcane code that parses out the pathnames and creates tab-separated fields using the MacOS 'slash' pathname separator as a field delimiter.

If you have a solution or any ideas on the subject, I'd love to hear about it. If not, I'd like to suggest such an export as a feature in future versions, as it would make the review process a lot faster and more convenient.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Looking for a way to export File Structures report to a spreadsheet 11 Feb 2020 23:07 #11811

Thanks for your report and for making it clear what you would like to do.

There is with the present version of TechTool Pro no way to export the data that would help. The suggestion you have made was made once or twice in the last two years, and I will pass yours along to the beta administrator for TechTool Pro.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.363 seconds