Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Protogo won't run "Volume Rebuild"

Protogo won't run "Volume Rebuild" 11 Feb 2020 21:17 #11808

I installed Protogo on a thumb drive and it boots my 2019 21" iMac and runs. Slowly, but it runs. Once it was fully booted I had it run Check Computer. It suggested that I run Volume Rebuild. When I open "Tools" and click on Volume Rebuild nothing happens. When I click on other tasks they respond and seem to work fine but Volume Rebuild doesn't even respond.

Suggestions?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Protogo won't run "Volume Rebuild" 11 Feb 2020 23:05 #11810

Thanks for your report.

There have been some problems reported with creating Protogo devices, but yours is the first I have seen in which the device is created and is bootable, but the Volume Rebuild does not function.

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply by email. You will almost certainly be asked to send in an Apple System Information report, and may be asked later to test a build of the program intended to address the issue you have reported.

If I had the problem you have reported, I would want to see if the same USB memory stick, assuming it is at least 32 BG in capacity, allows and eDrive can be created, and if the Volume Rebuild tool works when the Macintosh is booted from the eDrive.

Thanks for your cooperation and your patience.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Protogo won't run "Volume Rebuild" 11 Feb 2020 23:17 #11812

It would probably be better to delay the eDrive experiment until after you hear from This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . It is possible that system log files on the Protogo device could provide some evidence of why the Volume Rebuild tool is not working.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds