Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Misdisplay of eDive icon (Catalina 15.2 / TTP 12.0.1)

Misdisplay of eDive icon (Catalina 15.2 / TTP 12.0.1) 09 Jan 2020 03:36 #11738

macOS Catalina 10.15.2 / SSD APFS / TechTool Pro 12.0.1

I created eDrive. When I boot from eDrive, the eDrive volume icon appears as a common folder icon.

Checking the .Volumelcon.icons, it was normal TechTool Pro eDrive data.
I tried to rebuild eDrive several times, but it doesn't change.

Although it might be dangerous, I booted from the main system volume and tried Disk Utility. In other words, I mounted eDrive with Disk Utility and did First Aid. First Aid has indicated that eDrive is OK.

Is this really normal? What's wrong? Is there a bug?
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Misdisplay of eDive icon (Catalina 15.2 / TTP 12.0.1) 09 Jan 2020 10:47 #11740

Thanks for your report.

The forums are moderated. New postings do not appear until they are approved by a moderator. I have deleted your other, identical posting.

Yours is the first report of a problem with the eDrive icon that I have seen. Thanks for providing the screen capture. Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email, and may be asked to send in some additional information, such as an Apple System Information report. You may also be asked to test a beta version of the program intended to solve the problem you have reported.

In the meantime, as long as the eDrive appears to work normally, I would not be too concerned about the wrong icon.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Misdisplay of eDive icon (Catalina 15.2 / TTP 12.0.1) 09 Jan 2020 13:03 #11741

Thank you for your message.

I don't have to worry about the misdisplay of eDrive volume icon, right?
Was good. I was relieved.

I was worried about bitmap or directory bugs when creating eDrive.

I will use it while watching the situation.
I will also report any future changes.

Misdisplay of eDive icon (Catalina 15.2 / TTP 12.0.1) 09 Jan 2020 13:49 #11742

You are welcome.

I do not think you should be worried about this icon display problem, as long as the eDrive works normally. The problem could be one that is confined to the way icons are being displayed, or it could be that there is something wrong with the eDrive that is causing the operating system to regard it as a folder rather than a volume, at least in one respect. As long as the eDrive is bootable, it is clear that the operating system regards it as a bootable volume.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.389 seconds