Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Proper formatting for eDrive?

Proper formatting for eDrive? 08 Jan 2020 08:55 #11736

I am operating on Mac OS 10.15.2 (Catalina), and am using TechToolPro version 12.0.1.

Which is the proper formatting to use for creating a TTP eDrive on an external USB drive — is it APFS or HFS+ (extended/journaled)?

I have tried both formats for creating an eDrive and could successfully create it, but in both cases, when I tried to boot up using eDrive, it got stuck at the login window of Mac (black screen, single progress bar line) and could not go any further. This is a recent problem that I never had before with eDrive.

Can you please confirm which is the proper format my USB drive to be in for creating a TTP eDrive — APFS or HFS+?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Proper formatting for eDrive? 08 Jan 2020 11:04 #11737

The eDrive should work with either volume format. It is probably preferable to use APFS, in case Apple decides to no longer support booting from HFS+ volumes on some models.

Please send a message to help#micromat.com. You will receive a reply by email, and may be asked to send in some additional information, such as an Apple System Information report. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.353 seconds