Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: SAT SMART drivers prevents extended media keys from functioning -3rd party (ie Microsoft keyboards)

SAT SMART drivers prevents extended media keys from functioning -3rd party (ie Microsoft keyboards) 01 Jan 2020 14:27 #11705

After a nightmare few days i discovered the SAT SMART driver completely stops extended media keys on (for example) our Microsoft 3000 keyboards being recognized by mac osx (10.13)

Please be aware Micromat!

i trashed the kexts and my life was back to functioning with keyboard maestro!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

SAT SMART drivers prevents extended media keys from functioning -3rd party (ie Microsoft keyboards) 01 Jan 2020 16:28 #11706

Thanks for your report. It is odd that this has not bee reported before. The SAT SMART driver is an open-source project:

github.com/kasbert/OS-X-SAT-SMART-Driver
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

SAT SMART drivers prevents extended media keys from functioning -3rd party (ie Microsoft keyboards) 03 Jan 2020 14:49 #11713

The beta administrator for TechTool Pro had looked into the keyboard, because he was interested in it. The keyboard is apparently an older model. Specifications differ about what operating system it can be used with. It is remarkable that it works with current operating systems at all.

Newegg page: Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard 3000

Supported operating systems:

Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP
Mac OS X v10.2x –10.5x (excluding Mac OS X v10.0–10.1)

Amazon page: Microsoft Desktop 3000 Wireless Keyboard and Mouse

Supported operating systems:

Windows® 7, Windows Vista®, Windows XP (excluding Windows XP 64-bit)
Mac OS X 10.4-10.7

Date first listed on Amazon: May 19, 2009

The keyboard will have the same conflict with any other program that uses the SAT SMART driver, which itself could use revision.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 03 Jan 2020 15:03 by micromattech3.

SAT SMART drivers prevents extended media keys from functioning -3rd party (ie Microsoft keyboards) 03 Jan 2020 15:59 #11717

If you take a look at the way the keyboard is connected via Blutooth, that may make a difference. It may require a USB wireless flash drive, according to a colleague who briefly looked into it: "If it connected via the built-in Bluetooth (or even internal wireless card) this issue probably wouldn’t exist."
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.453 seconds