Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: TTP 12 Protogo Fails to Partition Flash Drive

TTP 12 Protogo Fails to Partition Flash Drive 08 Dec 2019 13:42 #11610

Went to recreate a Minimal drive configuration on an 8 GB flash drive that formerly was configured by TTP 11 with the equivalent configuration. It failed on the first step, repartitioning the drive, leaving it unformatted. Disk Utility on the other hand was able to create a GUID partition with an MacOS Extended Volume. Tried again to create Minimal Profile drive with no success. Computer is running macOS Mojave 10.14.6. Looks like a bug in TTP 12.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TTP 12 Protogo Fails to Partition Flash Drive 08 Dec 2019 17:22 #11611

Thanks for your clear and detailed report. It is especially interesting that Disk Utility was able to make the partition, since it uses the same system software tools that we use to create partitions.

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread.

You should receive a reply on Monday. You will almost certainly be asked to send in an Apple System Information report. The report can be made by choosing "About This Mac" from the Apple menu, then clicking "System Report". From the System Information's File menu, choose Save, and save the report, putting your name in the name of the file. It takes a few minutes for the information to be gathered and saved. These reports are sometimes helpful in tracking down problems that are specific to a given model, or a given piece of third-party software. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TTP 12 Protogo Fails to Partition Flash Drive 10 Dec 2019 15:30 #11638

Created a new 10.14.6 install on an external drive. Loaded TTP 11 and was able to create the Protogo disk with my flash drive. Emailed a system report to the help email. I have heard nothing further. Just posting here to make sure support received my email, since it seems no one has tried to email me.

TTP 12 Protogo Fails to Partition Flash Drive 10 Dec 2019 15:40 #11640

Thanks for the update.

In the aftermath of a new release, response times may be longer than normal, but I forwarded your message to someone who can make sure it was received. Thanks for your cooperation and your patience.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TTP 12 Protogo Fails to Partition Flash Drive 10 Dec 2019 17:43 #11643

You should receive a reply today.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TTP 12 Protogo Fails to Partition Flash Drive 24 Dec 2019 17:10 #11691

I'm having the same problem and it been running 241 Hours on UN-mounted flash player sorry if I had ramming as fighting a stomach problem

TTP 12 Protogo Fails to Partition Flash Drive 24 Dec 2019 17:17 #11692

You can safely interrupt the process of creating the Protogo device by quitting the Protogo application. Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply by email, probably after Christmas. I hope your stomach problem will be better soon.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TTP 12 Protogo Fails to Partition Flash Drive 11 Jan 2020 11:08 #11748

I’m having the same problem as jimsoxz except I’m running macOS Catalina 10.15.2. Disk Utility has no problem partitioning my flash drive and TechTool finds no bad blocks or problems with its volume structures or partitions, but when I try to use Protogo to create a Minimal Profile, it says the drive can’t be partitioned. The drive is a WINTEC filemate 8GB flash drive which I used before to store a TTP9 Protogo Minimal Profile.

TTP 12 Protogo Fails to Partition Flash Drive 11 Jan 2020 11:53 #11749

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply by email on Monday. Thank you.

I suggest you change your screen name to something other than an email address. These forums are indexed by Google, and you might get a lot of spam. Use the My Account link at the top of the page, and then the Account Information link. Changing your screen name retroactively updates the screen name that appears in all of your postings.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TTP 12 Protogo Fails to Partition Flash Drive 18 Jan 2020 00:39 #11761

Same problem here. Able to format the USB with disk utility but Protogo is having none of it. Tried multiple USB drives and multiple ports...

TTP 12 Protogo Fails to Partition Flash Drive 18 Jan 2020 01:36 #11764

One person has reported that using the Minimal profile worked. Please try that. In any event, all of the profiles should work, so please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , as described above, and see the instructions for changing your screen name to something other than an email address, in posting #11749, above in this thread.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TTP 12 Protogo Fails to Partition Flash Drive 19 Jan 2020 07:54 #11769

Same problem: TTP 12.0.1 fails to partition the flash drive for minimal installation. Tested a couple of drives, all format correctly in Disk utility, but fail to partition when attempting to create a minimal profile.

TTP 12 Protogo Fails to Partition Flash Drive 19 Jan 2020 12:37 #11770

abun,

Thanks for your report. Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , as described in posting #11611 at the top of this thread. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TTP 12 Protogo Fails to Partition Flash Drive 06 Feb 2020 17:51 #11806

Add me to the list of affected users.

Email about to wing its way with system report attached.

TTP 12 Protogo Fails to Partition Flash Drive 06 Feb 2020 18:31 #11807

kiwigraham,

Thanks for your cooperation.

The more reports with Apple System Profiles we get, the sooner the programmers will be able to determine what is causing these failures. You may be asked later to test a build of the program intended to address the problem you have reported. Thanks again.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.405 seconds