Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Yellow Screen of Death?

Yellow Screen of Death? 23 Jun 2020 16:07 #12107

System Mac Pro 2010 (same processor, but drives and graphics updated), OS 10.14.6, Tech Tool Pro 11.0.5.
After the latest OS update, I rebooted and the eDisk booted up and displayed the yellow plus with a dark circle around it and a yellow background (I will attempt to attach a screen shot of it). I did some testing and everything seemed okay. I rebooted after reselecting my startup drive and it booted into the correct drive; however, the background remains the yellow plus sign. I tried to reset the backgrounds, but the yellow screen refuses to give in. Does this mean even though I booted up on my primary drive, there remains some issue? Or is this a bug where eDrive started up for some reason and locked the background screen somehow. I am perplexed. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks in advance.

Jim
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Yellow Screen of Death? 23 Jun 2020 16:25 #12108

Thanks for your clear and detailed report.

You can tell for certain whether the Mac Pro is booted from the eDrive by checking to see if your user files and various third--party applications that are not on the eDrive are present on the active boot volume. I recall one instance of the eDrive desktop pattern displaying after the eDrive was used and the user rebooted from the usual startup volume, but that was years ago, and if I recall correctly, reselecting the desktop pattern worked.

Please try restarting from your usual startup volume, and then, if the desktop pattern is not correct, try to fix it using the Desktop & Screen Saver system preferences. If that does not work, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Yellow Screen of Death? 23 Jun 2020 16:33 #12109

Thank you for the quick response. It is definitely booting from my startup disk (at the top and desktop is correct. I tried rebooting, shutting down, PRAM reset, and when I select a different background, it pops up for a second or two, but then is replaced by the yellow screen. I will send the email to you. Thank you.

Yellow Screen of Death? 23 Jun 2020 16:39 #12110

You are welcome.

This article explains how to find the Desktop pictures. I wonder if your folder at /Library/Desktop Pictures has the eDrive picture in it:

www.idownloadblog.com/2019/05/01/find-de...ktop-wallpapers-mac/
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Yellow Screen of Death? 23 Jun 2020 16:41 #12111

I will check out the article. It shows the correct folder for the background pictures. I even reselected the background picture folder. It brought them up for about two seconds. I thought I fixed it, but then it reverted back to the yellow screen. Strange.

r/Jim

Yellow Screen of Death? 23 Jun 2020 16:59 #12112

You might have a corrupted preferences file. I suspect This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. will be able to help with that.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Yellow Screen of Death? 23 Jun 2020 17:01 #12113

Okay. I will try deleting the preference file for desktop background and for TTP and see how that works. If not, I'll send the info to the help address. Thanks! Take care.

r/Jim

Yellow Screen of Death? 23 Jun 2020 17:03 #12114

You are welcome, and I think you have a good plan.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.384 seconds