Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Get Techtool Pro 12

Get Techtool Pro 12 29 Oct 2019 17:45 #11493

No doubt my question is posted in the wrong area of these helpful forums . I trust the moderators will make the corrections for me please .

I received an eMail today (Tuesday, October 29, 2019 ) that tells me :

" Get Techtool Pro 12 for free AND save 20%. Use the promo code 12PreSale on any order of Techtool Pro 11 and get a free upgrade to Techtool Pro 12 when it is released this Fall.* "

Aside from the " free upgrade " and 20 % saving if i have no intentions of upgrading my Mac OS from Mojave why should I spend money mow/today to upgrade to TechTool Pro 12 ? Or, on the other hand version 12 can really help in maintaining the integrity or fix problems in Mojave ?

Refer to attached/enclosed screen shot of my OS/computer .
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Get Techtool Pro 12 29 Oct 2019 21:07 #11494

TechTool Pro 12 is mostly a release to provide compatibility with Catalina. If you upgrade now, you do eventually save 20%, because eventually you will need to upgrade the operating system on your Macintosh. Apple provides security updates for the current version of macOS, and the two preceding versions.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Get Techtool Pro 12 30 Oct 2019 17:30 #11495

Why does Micromat NOT support new releases of macOS when they are released? Seems it's just a tactic to get you to purchase the next release. I would not object to this, if the new release was available at same time as macOS. Not cool, as the net result is that the product isn't compatible for months! I will look for a new solution.

Get Techtool Pro 12 30 Oct 2019 18:07 #11496

It is not possible to have, immediately upon the release of a new version of the macOS, a new version of TechTool Pro that is fully compatible with it. Apple not only reserves the right to make last minute changes to macOS between the final beta and the public release, they have exercised that right, when they added a new file to the disk directory (!) in the public release of Tiger. The new version of TechTool Pro has to be fully beta tested on dozens of different hardware configurations before it can be released. We appreciate your support and your patience.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.373 seconds