Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Protogo only running memory check when told to run all check computer tests.

Protogo only running memory check when told to run all check computer tests. 08 Oct 2019 22:50 #11434

Created the protogo USB on a 2013 15" MBP i7.

Expected behavior: When clicking "check computer", it should queue and run all tests by default. It does so when run from the normal application install on the host Mac.

When booted from USB on any other machine (15" MBPs 2013 and newer in my case) and all tests are selected, it instead runs ONLY the first one (memory test) and then stops. If you uncheck memory test, it fails to do anything at all when "run check computer" is clicked. This is due to the "video memory" test. When this is unckecked and "run check computer" is clicked, all tests queue and run normally. Video memory test cannot be run manually either.
It took a lot of troubleshooting to figure this bug out. Is it choosing the wrong GPU to test? Can it handle dual-GPU systems? Techtool 8 handles everything fine and works every time.

Techtool Pro 11 build 5280
Last Edit: 08 Oct 2019 22:54 by AltaDavyK.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Protogo only running memory check when told to run all check computer tests. 08 Oct 2019 22:58 #11435

Thanks for your clear and detailed report. It is odd that the Check Computer suite is running properly from the application installed on your Macintosh, but not when it is run from the Protogo device. I appreciate the effort you put into making this observation.

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email, and may be asked to send in some additional information, such as an Apple System Information report, and possibly some log files from the system software installation on the Protogo device. They may help to determine the answers to your questions. Thanks for your cooperation and your patience.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.350 seconds