Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Reports Tab: Any way to get the detailed information that first appeared immediately after test?

Reports Tab: Any way to get the detailed information that first appeared immediately after test? 08 Oct 2019 21:44 #11430

I have a drive that failed a surface scan. On the report tab, the Surface Scan test indicates that the test reports the filename and block location. Is there anyway I could see that information from the Report tab?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Reports Tab: Any way to get the detailed information that first appeared immediately after test? 08 Oct 2019 21:56 #11431

In the Reports tab, the program shows the tests that were run and whether they passed or failed. If you select the line for one of the tests (and possibly wait a few seconds), whatever details are in the report are displayed in the window on the right.

If the Reports tab does not show for the Surface Scan the block numbers of the defective blocks, run the test again, and make a screen capture of the results from the Surface Scan window. These have been helpful in making warranty claims.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Reports Tab: Any way to get the detailed information that first appeared immediately after test? 08 Oct 2019 21:57 #11432

The report does not show the block number of the defective blocks for the Surface Scan. I'd like to run it again, but I have to wait until my Time Machine drive clone works (or doesn't). Could you guys add that feature? Surface Scans take forever!

Reports Tab: Any way to get the detailed information that first appeared immediately after test? 08 Oct 2019 21:59 #11433

Thanks for letting me know that the report does not include the block numbers. It has been (fortunately for me) a while since I have seen bad blocks reported.

I have forwarded your suggestion to include the block numbers to the beta administrator for TechTool Pro.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Reports Tab: Any way to get the detailed information that first appeared immediately after test? 13 Oct 2019 22:02 #11446

smileswearily wrote:
The report does not show the block number of the defective blocks for the Surface Scan. I'd like to run it again, but I have to wait until my Time Machine drive clone works (or doesn't). Could you guys add that feature? Surface Scans take forever!

That is a real good idea ... also the screen shot (try to remember using that tool if you can) ... is more vital than you know in keeping history and evidence around. When I was Beta Testing TTP (an earlier version) ... I did screen shots all the time as actual evidence is hard to come by ... even when told where you go find it ... it is not there.

When some thing odd flashes up on the screen ... some thing you never saw before ... take a screen shot before you click OK.

With that said .. I want to have a Hard Drive (bad blocks and all) for my final back up of my data ... as the SSD memory module is quick .. nice to have ... less of a head ache to us. Sure .. all that good stuff .. and still it is a light bulb that wears out at what ever speed it wants to wear out at.

An SSD can cook out its life span .. in 300 flashes .. read / write events in flashing data storage in their at 540 megabytes a second.

OK ... great get another SSD and pop it in there.

My back up SSD external .. must be close to dead as well since it was used slightly less.

Still ...

I want my primary data ... please.

Perhaps it is lost forever..... in the SSD ... or Tech Tool Pro will save my bacon.

sumbuddie waar blind sea
Time to create page: 0.358 seconds