Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Clicking on TOOLS does nothing

Clicking on TOOLS does nothing 29 Sep 2019 14:00 #11418

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had an issue with TOOLS not doing anything? You click on tools and nothing happens. This was working, but then somewhere along the way when upgrading to 11.0.5 it broke.

I tried uninstalling TTP and reinstalling...nope, still broke.

macOS 10.13.6
MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)
2.2 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Any help is greatly appreciated!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Clicking on TOOLS does nothing 29 Sep 2019 16:30 #11419

Thanks for your report.

Assuming you used the TechTool Pro installer to uninstall and reinstall the program, the only other suggestion I can make is to perform a proper shutdown, wait a few minutes, reboot, and then see if the program works. There could be system software code used by TechTool Pro in RAM, with the code damaged. A simple restart re-uses some of the system software code in RAM, so a shutdown is the better approach.

If rebooting does not work, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply by email on Monday, and may be asked to send in some additional information, such as an Apple System Information report, and some log files. Thank you.

I suggest you change your screen name to something other than an email address. These forums are indexed by Google, and you might get a lot of spam. Use the My Account link at the top of the page, and then the Account Information link. Changing your screen name retroactively updates the screen name that appears in all of your postings.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Clicking on TOOLS does nothing 01 Oct 2019 05:13 #11424

It has happened to me, but I am on Mojave OS 10.14.4 with a standard hard drive that has no optimization from TTP any more to make things work well. Apple insists that the new OS will optimize in the back ground. Which it might be doing ... slowly.

Odd things with SSD memory storage there is a Read/Write limit in the flash drives that depending on amount of data stored can shorten the life span of the SSD flash drive (500 GB or 1 Terrabyte for example) and they can burn out after 300 Read/Write (they call it P/E) or 100,000 read write events. Techtool Pro has to make some SSD tools.

Anyhow .. MY FIX .. for the problem you describe is to Force Quit the Finder (which I do with ever program that I stop using and go to another program) .. now. The new Mojave is really the pits ... I hate it .. and now that I have upgraded to it .. there is no going back as the Hard Drive has been re - format .. perhaps on a firm ware level.

All the TTP Tools does work on my 2013 imac with an i5 intel processor.

I suspect that there might be a corruption in your OS ... and if you can not save your bacon with a mirror back up hard drive you can clone over (and test that mirror TTP on your back up hard drive with the slightly older version OS you cloned over - it works then nothing is going on with your hard ware I would opinion) ...

then a Command R startup for another down load of your OS from Apple might be the real fix needed.

Hardware failures do happen .. but usually they are rare compared to software failures.
Time to create page: 0.329 seconds