Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: eDrive not showing up on desktop

eDrive not showing up on desktop 31 Jul 2019 10:04 #11274

After updating Mojave to 10.14.6 and TechTool Pro to 11.0.4 I have removed the eDrive and then created a new one. After that the eDrive is not showing permanently anymore on desktop. If I mount eDrive in TechTool Pro it will show on desktop, but it disappears from desktop again after exiting TechTool Pro. Even after restarting macOS eDrive is not showing on desktop.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

eDrive not showing up on desktop 31 Jul 2019 12:36 #11275

What you have described is exactly the way the eDrive is supposed to behave (and very well described by you). The eDrive is intended to be mounted only when you mount it with the Mount eDrive button in the TechTool Pro application. Otherwise, it is supposed to be automatically unmounted, so it will not be subject to inadvertent change that could interfere with its functioning properly. In other words, it is supposed to be out of harm's way. Your previous installation had something wrong with it that was interfering with the automatic unmounting of the eDrive.

I suggest you change your screen name to something other than an email address. These forums are indexed by Google, and you might get a lot of spam. Use the My Account link at the top of the page, and then the Account Information link. Changing your screen name retroactively updates the screen name that appears in all of your postings.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: macschultz

eDrive not showing up on desktop 31 Jul 2019 21:48 #11276

My eDrive was showing on desktop for years now automatically after startup of Mac OS. But thanks for your reply. I can live with the current situation. All is good. Cheers mate.

eDrive not showing up on desktop 01 Aug 2019 00:50 #11277

You are welcome, and I am pleased to see that the eDrive is now mounting and unmounting the way it should.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.336 seconds