Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: MacOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility

MacOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility 18 Jul 2019 14:28 #11265

I was wondering if there is a time frame for when TechTool Pro will be compatible with MacOS 10.15 Catalina
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MacOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility 18 Jul 2019 14:40 #11266

There is no way to know when a Catalina compatible version of TechTool Pro will be ready. The developers are always working on a new version, and work with the betas of Catalina, but until Catalina is finished and released to the public, one cannot be certain that there will be no unpleasant surprises.

When Apple released Tiger, it introduced in the public release a new disk directory file, Extended Attributes, that was not in the final beta. Any disk repair utility that did not take Extended Attributes into account would cause the situation described here (the original Apple document is apparently no longer online):

lowendmac.com/newsrev/05/0520.html#4

I suggest you change your screen name to something other than an email address. These forums are indexed by Google, and you might get a lot of spam. Use the My Account link at the top of the page, and then the Account Information link. Changing your screen name retroactively updates the screen name that appears in all of your postings.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

MacOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility 11 Oct 2019 17:30 #11442

I am using Catalina and I receive a warning that Techpro Tool is not 100% compatible, are we closer to an ETA for the Catalina compatible release?

MacOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility 11 Oct 2019 18:08 #11443

There is a detailed Knowledge Base article that explains which tests and tools in TechTool Pro 11.0.5 are compatible with Catalina:

Techtool Pro 11 Tests and Tools status when used with Catalina.

There is no way to know just when TechTool Pro 12 will be ready, because there is no way to know in advance the outcome of beta testing.

Catalina itself will have revisions, as it appears to have some problems at this point.

If there is any news about the release of TechTool Pro 12, it will be published in the Knowledge Base area.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 11 Oct 2019 18:10 by micromattech3.

MacOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility 13 Oct 2019 02:35 #11444

That is dangerous stuff ... jumping onto a new Mac OS .. with out the Utilities to be there to save your bacon.

There have been several times I trashed out OS 10.4 ... and went back to an earlier version of OS 10.3 that I had on a boot able mirrored clone of my startup SSD ....

which every one tells me I can do .. soon to find out.

I get to download the TTP Installer that is good to go on Mojave OS ... which is a BIG disappointment for my 4 year old Intel i5 core ... now that new one to drive is the Intell i9 cores.

Got my upgrade being sorted out hard ware wise right now ... and when I get it on the internet ... spends hours and hours down loading stuff.

To NOTE ... with Apple .. they have .. and often times do ... HOLD on to Mac OS native code so the TTP developers are unable to move the program and hack code.

So TTP is stuck .. as Apple ... apparently ... on the face of it ... seems to not want you to have utilities to save your bacon.

My experience .. says .. wait.

One day you will jump ahead to the new OS and there is no going back ... ouch .. does that hurt some. The Fix for your New OS problems ... are in the hands of Tech Tool ... and are being sorted out now.

Write the code ... give it a test run on some known machines out there (every one is pretty much unique as to add ons and hard ware chains).

See if the test run crashes and lucky us ... TTP shoots out data ducks for the developers to fix the code faster.

sumbuddie wear blind sea

MacOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility 18 Oct 2019 14:32 #11467

Any updates regarding support for Catalina 10.15?

MacOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility 18 Oct 2019 14:39 #11468

No. When there is news, it will be posted in the Knowledge Base article below, not in the forums:

Techtool Pro 11 Tests and Tools status when used with Catalina.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ogawa
Time to create page: 0.367 seconds