Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: MacOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility

MacOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility 18 Jul 2019 14:28 #11265

I was wondering if there is a time frame for when TechTool Pro will be compatible with MacOS 10.15 Catalina
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MacOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility 18 Jul 2019 14:40 #11266

There is no way to know when a Catalina compatible version of TechTool Pro will be ready. The developers are always working on a new version, and work with the betas of Catalina, but until Catalina is finished and released to the public, one cannot be certain that there will be no unpleasant surprises.

When Apple released Tiger, it introduced in the public release a new disk directory file, Extended Attributes, that was not in the final beta. Any disk repair utility that did not take Extended Attributes into account would cause the situation described here (the original Apple document is apparently no longer online):

lowendmac.com/newsrev/05/0520.html#4

I suggest you change your screen name to something other than an email address. These forums are indexed by Google, and you might get a lot of spam. Use the My Account link at the top of the page, and then the Account Information link. Changing your screen name retroactively updates the screen name that appears in all of your postings.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.358 seconds