Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: TechTool Protection 11 - Cannot select volumes for directory backup

TechTool Protection 11 - Cannot select volumes for directory backup 24 Jun 2019 21:56 #11214

I've looked through this forum and looked in the TechTool Pro 11 User Manual. That only confused me more.

I have a 2019 27" iMac with a 3TB eStata drive. There are 8 volumes, including the OS, in the single container.

In TechTool Protection Directory Backup panel, all the volumes are disabled, so I cannot select them to backup their directories.

TechTool Pro 11 and TechTool Protection are granted Full Disk Access in the System Preferences Security & Privacy panel.

Would someone please offer a clue why this is.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TechTool Protection 11 - Cannot select volumes for directory backup 24 Jun 2019 22:08 #11215

Directory Backup is not available for the active startup volume starting with High Sierra, due to changes Apple made in security.

Directory Backup is not available for any volumes on SSD drives, because the data is immediately overwritten by TRIM when you empty the trash. That is explained on page 6.16 of the TechTool Pro 11.0.3 manual. If the drive is not an SSD drive, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 25 Jun 2019 09:56 by micromattech3.

TechTool Protection 11 - Cannot select volumes for directory backup 15 Mar 2020 14:16 #11870

Ok Techtool 12 here, i just restarted and only two of my volumes are being backed up now..(only two listed) they're all SATA drives, not SSD, i have to say the behaviour of this function has been very flakey over the last 3 iterations of techtool pro.

TechTool Protection 11 - Cannot select volumes for directory backup 15 Mar 2020 14:20 #11871

Thanks for your report.

As mentioned above, Directory Backup is not available for the active startup volume, due to changes Apple made in security.

Please send a screen capture of your setup for Directory Backup and a description of the omitted volumes to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply by email on Monday, and may be asked to send in some additional information, such as an Apple System Information report. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.366 seconds