Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Time Capsule Repair

Time Capsule Repair 12 Jun 2019 20:13 #11172

Is there a way to launch and repair an Apple Time Capsule Hard Drive and repair it with TTP 11?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Time Capsule Repair 12 Jun 2019 21:55 #11173

No, TechTool Pro works on local drives. The Time Capsule is a type of NAS (Network Attached Storage) device.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Time Capsule Repair 13 Jun 2019 14:36 #11174

Thank you for your reply. I was wondering if there is a way that I can attach and mount it on my laptop to repair it.

Time Capsule Repair 13 Jun 2019 14:43 #11175

You are welcome.

As far as I know, the only other way to connect a Time Capsule is via Ethernet, which does not solve the problem, because it is another type of network connection, and does not make the drive a local drive.

I think the best thing to do would be to take the Time Capsule to a service center and have them remove the hard drive and put it in a suitable enclosure. This is not a particularly good first computer DIY project, as you can see from this example:

www.ifixit.com/Guide/Apple+Time+Capsule+...ive+Replacement/2750
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Time Capsule Repair 13 Jun 2019 14:47 #11176

Thank you again. I don't know if it makes a difference, but it is the AirPort Extreme Tower with the Time capsule drive, not the flat Airport Base Station.

Time Capsule Repair 13 Jun 2019 14:56 #11177

You are welcome.

If you search at Google for:

replace drive AirPort Extreme Tower

you should be able to find a tutorial for your model. It might be better to specify the model number.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.310 seconds