Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Volume Structure

Volume Structure 10 Jun 2019 14:22 #11159

I have a HD I can't mount So I selected Volume Structure, selected the Bad drive and hit Run. Under validation progress it's been on Unmount Volume for 42:40:00.

Is there something else I need to do or is this going to take a month or so?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Volume Structure 10 Jun 2019 15:17 #11160

It is not possible to predict how long the Volume Structures test should take. It depends on how many files and folders there are, and how many pieces (called "extents") the files are in.

You can interrupt the test without making matters worse, because it is read-only. I suggest you run the SMART test on the drive if it is supported, and run the Surface Scan to check for unremapped bad blocks.

If you send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , you may be able to get some help in reading some system log files, to see if there are any error messages that are related to running the Volume Structures test.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Volume Structure 11 Jun 2019 13:55 #11163

After receiving Volume Structures Failed Report from My last Test Run!
I have Restarted My iMac in eDrive, it appears to the Restart.
Showing the loading timeline, but when it gets to end of the loading timeline it Stops!
I have powered off and Restarted, but the same situation re-occurs?
My Keyboard & Mouse are also non functional?
I have left the computer on to see if will move on for long periods of time, but joy?
Help!

Volume Structure 11 Jun 2019 14:34 #11164

Try shutting the computer off and then waiting a few minutes before rebooting. At the start of the boot, hold down the Option key to invoke the Startup Manager, which should allow you to choose your usual startup volume.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: bobwoodcock

Volume Structure 11 Jun 2019 16:11 #11165

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!
Your Solution worked Perfectly!
I had being struggling all day, I exhausted all My known Restart Proceedures.
Many Thanks Again.
bobwoodcock.

Volume Structure 11 Jun 2019 16:38 #11166

You are most welcome.

I rarely suggest to people that they print out tech support documents, but having the Apple Knowledge Base article about the Startup Manager is a good thing to have available when your iMac is not behaving. Having the article on a phone or iPad would also be helpful.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: bobwoodcock
Time to create page: 0.291 seconds