Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Mojave external USB eDrive not boot

Mojave external USB eDrive not boot 03 Jun 2019 18:32 #11145

I have two computers newly installed Mojave and I have created new eDrive on each on an external USB drive not formatted to AFPS. The external drives are Max OS Extended (Journaled). I can create the eDrive alright, but when I try to restart to the eDrive, it boots the normal disk, even though I set the startup disk to be eDrive. Does the external drive need to be case sensitive?

I have looked existing TechTool Pro 11 topics and not seen discussion on this. Have I missed something?
Running MacOS Mojave 10.14.5 and TechTool Pro 11.0.3.
Both of these external disks were booting High Sierra eDisk before I removed/created a new eDisk.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Mojave external USB eDrive not boot 03 Jun 2019 18:40 #11146

Thanks for your clear and detailed report.

Having a Max OS Extended (Journaled) volume on a drive formatted with a GUID partition map is an approach that should work.

The eDrive is not normally mounted, and so it does not appear in the Startup Disk pane of system preferences. If you have the eDrive mounted by using the Mount eDrive button in the eDrive pane of the TechTool Pro application, it is unmounted as soon as you quit the application.

The best way to try to boot from the eDrive is to use the eDrive Restart button in the eDrive pane of the TechTool Pro application. If that does not work, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds