Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: battery test

battery test 13 Apr 2019 10:40 #10984

what does battery "warning" indicate
The administrator has disabled public write access.

battery test 13 Apr 2019 15:22 #10985

The battery test is described on pages 5.21 and 5.22 of the TechTool Pro 11.0.2 manual (pages 46 and 47 of the pdf file). I do not know for certain what "warning" means, but I suspect that it means either the voltage is too low, the temperature is too high, or there are too few remaining charge cycles. Look at the individual measurements, and see if any of them look like they could be the cause of a warning.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

battery test 18 Apr 2019 10:19 #10990

I'm having Warnings come up too. When I run it it says my voltage is about 10v. I suspect that's low, but don't know. What is the next step when I see "warning." Is this something I should just monitor, take in for repair or what?

battery test 18 Apr 2019 12:36 #10991

I think you should ask at the Apple forums what the correct battery voltage for your model is, if you cannot find the specification by searching online.

I suggest you change your screen name to something other than an email address. These forums are indexed by Google, and you might get a lot of spam. Use the My Account link at the top of the page, and then the Account Information link. Changing your screen name retroactively updates the screen name that appears in all of your postings.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScottNash1234

battery test 14 Jun 2019 19:26 #11180

I'm also getting warnings all day long, but when I run the test there is no explanation of what those warnings mean or which of the stats is prompting the warning. The manual doesn't help. The manual says that if the test says "replace battery", then you should get it replaced. Mine doesn't say replace battery, but I sure would like to know why it is giving me a warning and how urgent that warning is.

I'd like to have an explanation of each item that is measured and given the great job that Micromat usually does, I'm surprised that isn't included somewhere. The test result just says "warning" and the report doesn't give any indication of why I'm getting a warning. Under condition it says "check battery"

How can I find out more about what to look for within the test, for each of these items.

Maximum Capacity
Design Capacity
Capacity Life remaining
Cycle Count
Cycle Life remaining
Temperature
Voltage

battery test 14 Jun 2019 19:32 #11181

You may be able to get some more detailed information about the battery test by sending a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

battery test 15 Jun 2019 21:51 #11182

I started this thread. After a few weeks a new warning from the apple macbook air, and from techtoolpro that the battery was failing now. I bought a battery online on e-bay for about $22.00 including shipping. It came with the screwdrivers. It took about 5 minutes to install, I conditioned battery according to the instructions, and my computer is working great.

battery test 15 Jun 2019 21:54 #11183

Please post my reply to this topic.

battery test 15 Jun 2019 22:11 #11184

morris1,

Thanks for letting us know how the battery warning proved useful to you, and for describing how you went about buying a new battery, installing it, and conditioning it.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.371 seconds