Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Locks during Volume Structures test and won't recover after completion

Locks during Volume Structures test and won't recover after completion 13 Feb 2019 08:14 #10686

I'm not getting any love from Micromat tech support on this. If you go to the test you will see a load of GUI "lights" on the RHS which are supposed to indicate progress as the test progresses.

Problem 1: these lights don't work, in fact the entire app and all of macOS becomes unresponsive. I understand fully that this test must lock disk access, but it shouldn't cause a spinning "beach ball" and what the **** are those progress lights for??

Problem 2: the test completes, and leaves 2 messages that the volume is OK. Unfortunately, it leaves the warning about slowing the system on top of one result (see screen shot)! Worse still, the app locks completely and no other tests can be performed.

It is necessary to force-quit the app.

The good news: It did not corrupt my disk on 3 attempts.

Thumbs down to tech support for suggesting that this was NOT A PROBLEM!
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Locks during Volume Structures test and won't recover after completion 13 Feb 2019 12:41 #10690

I can only suggest that you write to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. about your observations. I cannot imagine why anyone would think what you have described is not a problem. There may be a delay in getting a reply, as is sometimes the case in the aftermath of a new release. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.287 seconds