Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Techtool Protection disk space

Techtool Protection disk space 11 Feb 2019 19:28 #10656

I've upgraded to techtool 11 from 9.5 (I'm on High Sierra) and I find that as the techtool protection builds it is eating up disk space beyond what I was using for techtool protection in the previous version. (I had it on with my last version). Space on the internal SSD is very tight, and growing tighter by the second.

I wonder if the old data from the previous installation was deleted? After installing TT11 I ended up removing the TT protection panel from system prefs because it wouldn't load. Then I reinstalled it again from TT11.

So mostly wondering if that old data might be around and where I might find it, and even better would be if, after removing the old data if still there, if I could make a hard link and put the current data on another volume besides the boot partition on my SSD (I have another partition with slightly more room on it)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Techtool Protection disk space 11 Feb 2019 19:50 #10658

I do not think that the plist file that specifies the location of the Protection data file for each volume can support a hard link, which is a disk directory entry.

The Protection data files have the names of the volumes on them. They are located at:

/Library/Application Support/TechTool Protection
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Techtool Protection disk space 17 Feb 2019 10:52 #10739

Is there an option to avoid directory backups on the boot drive?

Techtool Protection disk space 17 Feb 2019 11:49 #10741

mori,

The forums are moderated. New postings do not appear until they are approved by a moderator. I have deleted your multiple duplicate postings.

Open the TechTool Protection system preferences pane, go to Directory Backup, and uncheck the checkbox next to the name of the boot drive. The screen capture below may be of help.
Attachments:
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 17 Feb 2019 11:52 by micromattech3.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mori

Techtool Protection disk space 17 Feb 2019 12:23 #10744

Solved this via an alias folder. Seems to work.

Techtool Protection disk space 17 Feb 2019 12:25 #10745

As this one is an SSD it´s already unchecked and not checkable. But acts still as a default backup destination.

Techtool Protection disk space 17 Feb 2019 17:24 #10746

You are welcome.

The volume on the SSD is available as a destination for the backup of the disk directory of volumes on a rotational drive.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 17 Feb 2019 17:25 by micromattech3.
Time to create page: 0.376 seconds