Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Full Disk Access

Full Disk Access 10 Feb 2019 02:06 #10596

I am running Mojave 10.14.3 on a Mac Pro (Late 2013).
I just purchased the upgrade to TTP 11 from TTP 10. I installed it, and then autoupdated to the 11.0.1 version.

Per your recommendation, I have added the application to the Full Disk Access list in the Privacy pane of the Security & Privacy preferences.

Each time I start the program, I am asked to add it there again. Why is this occurring?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Full Disk Access 10 Feb 2019 02:16 #10597

Page 4.3 of the TechTool Pro 11.0.1 manual describes how to add the program to the Privacy pane of Security & Privacy preferences:

"On Macs running 10.14 or later, TechTool Pro will prompt you to grant Full Disk Access when the application is launched if access has not already been granted. If you wish to grant access other than when the application is launched, you may choose Grant Full Disk Access... from the TechTool Pro menu.

When granting Full Disk Access, a sheet will drop down containing instructions for granting access. The rst step is contained within a button, which is clicked to begin the process of granting full disk access.

1. Click here to open the Security & Privacy system preference

2. Click on the padlock icon in the lower left corner of the Security & Privacy system preference and enter your administrator name and password to make changes.

3. Drag the TechTool Pro application icon below into the Full Disk Access table.

4. Choose ‘Later’ when asked to quit TechTool Pro. Quit- ting TechTool Pro is not necessary.

5. Close the Security & Privacy system preference window."

So, you should not have to do the addition more than once. This appears to be a problem with Full Disk Access rather than TechTool Pro. If I had this problem, I would close System Preferences, re-open it, and see if TechTool Pro is still in the list of applications that have been added. If that does not work, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply by email next week. Thanks for your cooperation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Full Disk Access 10 Feb 2019 03:58 #10601

"So, you should not have to do the addition more than once. This appears to be a problem with Full Disk Access rather than TechTool Pro. If I had this problem, I would close System Preferences, re-open it, and see if TechTool Pro is still in the list of applications that have been added. If that does not work, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply by email next week. Thanks for your cooperation."

I have tried closing System Preferences, re-opening it, and confirming that the application was added.
I have also tried removing the app from the Full Disk Access list and then re-adding it. In fact, I tried it two ways:
1) Adding when TTP was not running, then re-starting TTP.
2) Adding when TTP was running, per the drop-down instructions provided by the program, then quitting TTP and re-starting it.

In all instances, TTP upon startup did the same thing:
Told me it needed approval to install a new helper app. (Approval was granted.)
Told me that the program needed to be added to the Full Disk Access list.

I will, as requested, send email on this problem.

Meanwhile, can you provide a list of TTP actions which will not function properly until this problem is resolved, so I can avoid them?
The following user(s) said Thank You: philschroeder

Full Disk Access 10 Feb 2019 07:07 #10603

I agree, you should not have to grant access over and over but I am being asked over and over to grant full disk access even though I have and the Techtool Pro icon appears in the Privacy and Security System Preferences window. Looks like a bug to me.

Full Disk Access 10 Feb 2019 09:58 #10604

I have exactly the same problem. Your suggestion about closing and reopen System Preferences did not make any difference.TT Pro is on the list but still I get the same question about Granting Full Disk Access when reopening the program.

Full Disk Access 10 Feb 2019 10:39 #10605

I'm having the same issue. I'm on Mac OS 10.14.3 and TTPro 11.0.1.
I followed your instructions but it doesn't solve the problem.

Full Disk Access 10 Feb 2019 12:30 #10607

daveaux,

I was told that there were no known compatibility problems with Mojave in TechTool Pro 11.0.1. We will have to look into why the system preferences change is not being maintained.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Full Disk Access 10 Feb 2019 19:30 #10615

We would appreciate it if anyone who has this problem with System Preferences and Full Disk Access would send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . In this instance, multiple reports may make it possible to find a common cause. Thanks for your cooperation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Full Disk Access 10 Feb 2019 20:07 #10616

I would note that the program also fails to "remember" that the user has checked off the "Do not show this message again" box in the "You should always back up before using any disk utility" dialog box which appears at startup.

Full Disk Access 10 Feb 2019 20:09 #10617

Daveax,

Thanks for mentioning the "Do not show this message again" setting not being retained. I will forward your posting to the beta administrator for TechTool Pro.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Full Disk Access 10 Feb 2019 21:06 #10620

I have also the "Do not show this message again" error.
Very buggy version, that released version looks more like a beta to me! :-(

Full Disk Access 10 Feb 2019 21:08 #10621

ben.dandoy,

It is to be expected that there will be a few problems with a new .01 release. So far, there is the problem with the "Do not show" message, two failed eDrives, and four people whose Full Disk Access preferences are not retained. Keep in mind that both APFS and Mojave are works-in-progress.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Full Disk Access 10 Feb 2019 23:11 #10630

I have the same issues as those outlined above.

An update to fix these would be great.

Thank you.

Jeremy

Full Disk Access 10 Feb 2019 23:21 #10632

fastrednz,

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , as described above. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Full Disk Access 11 Feb 2019 18:31 #10654

I had this same issue when I first started it up... Then I read a little closer to the directions.
I was choosing TTP 11 from my application folder instead of using the icon in the directions. After dragging that over and removing the first one I used... it works without giving me that full disk access request.

Full Disk Access 11 Feb 2019 19:21 #10655

mfaccone,

Thanks for the explanation of the plausible error you had made in your earlier effort to grant Full Disk Access.

We now have a Knowledge Base for TechTool Pro 11. The first article is a link to a YouTube screen capture video that shows the process of granting Full Disk Access in Mojave:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIRBRKgqaDo&feature=youtu.be
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 11 Feb 2019 19:21 by micromattech3.

Full Disk Access 11 Feb 2019 19:39 #10657

I'm pleased to report that this approach works w/o issues. Once full disk access was properly activated, the issue with the "Do Not Show..." message also was resolved.

You might consider, for the next release, clarifying the text in the on-screen directions for granting FDA so that it says something along the lines of "drag the icon below, NOT the app's own icon from the Finder" and, perhaps, also provide a list of the items that should appear in the preferences after the task has been properly completed.

Full Disk Access 11 Feb 2019 19:52 #10659

daveax,

Thanks for letting us know that you have the feature working now.

I have forwarded your suggestions abut Full Disk Access to the beta administrator for TechTool Pro.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Full Disk Access 11 Feb 2019 20:11 #10663

Yep, that works for me too. Thanks for clarifying for me.

Full Disk Access 11 Feb 2019 20:44 #10665

mckemper,

Thanks for letting us know that you found this helpful.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Full Disk Access 14 Feb 2019 22:08 #10703

I'm running 10.14.3 and just upgraded to TTP 11.01. When I drag the icon from your drop down pane into Sys Pref Security and Privacy to gain Full Disk Access the Security and Privacy pane does not accept it. I've got other programs I've already done this on so I know I'm following the correct procedures.

Full Disk Access 14 Feb 2019 23:19 #10705

georgesm,

Please review the YouTube video linked above. If that does not solve the problem, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email, and may be asked to send in some other information, such as an Apple System Information report, and some log files that may contain error messages that will help the programmers to understand what is going on. Thanks for your cooperation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Full Disk Access 17 Feb 2019 11:22 #10740

Having all the same problems as mentioned above. Wrote mail to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Full Disk Access 17 Feb 2019 11:53 #10742

ferdl,

Thanks for your cooperation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Full Disk Access 18 Feb 2019 11:58 #10751

I have the same problem

Full Disk Access 18 Feb 2019 12:09 #10752

You have to follow the instruction : Don't use the techtool 11 application in the application folder but the icon on the instruction panel

Full Disk Access 18 Feb 2019 14:03 #10753

jbpoulet,

You are correct, and that is one reason why we made the screen capture video linked above.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Full Disk Access 20 Feb 2019 03:12 #10770

I sent an email along with video of me doing it, and got a reply back with a video to do exactly what I did. Was not particularly helpful, it is almost as of you replied without reading my email or watching the video.

Full Disk Access 20 Feb 2019 03:16 #10771

I cannot comment on that, because I did not see your video.

There are comments in this thread pointing out how the written instructions can be misinterpreted.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Full Disk Access 20 Feb 2019 03:18 #10772

I got it working reading comments, still have an issue of the program closing that I never had with Techtool 10. Hoping to get an answer on that soon.

Full Disk Access 20 Feb 2019 03:27 #10773

cybuzz,

Thanks for the update.

In the aftermath of a major new release, there is always a large increase in the amount of email received. The cases are handled in order of receipt. Thanks for your patience and cooperation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Full Disk Access 20 Feb 2019 19:08 #10781

cybuzz,

The "closing" you referred to might be caused by a missing group permissions on the com.apple.TCC directory which is noted in this TechTool Pro 11 Knowledge Base:

TechTool Pro 11 is asking to install the Helper Tool upon application launch.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 20 Feb 2019 19:08 by micromattech3.

Full Disk Access 25 Feb 2019 14:56 #10810

Same issue here on a Mac Pro 2013 Trash Can 10.14.3 built in 2016, Feb 25th 2019. Not fixed and it is NOT Apple's full disk access, as I have 3 other programs that have been granted full disk access without issue.

Full Disk Access 25 Feb 2019 15:37 #10811

macmanaspen,

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Full Disk Access 25 Feb 2019 17:39 #10812

Done

Full Disk Access 25 Feb 2019 19:18 #10813

macmanaspen,,

Thanks for your cooperation and patience.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Full Disk Access 25 Feb 2019 20:57 #10814

I believe the issue has been solved. The fix and or instructions are what is bad. When MM want's you to grant full access they do not want you to drag the application icon to full disk access. What they want you to do is to drag the icon of TTP in the drop down pop up window displaying that message, NOT the TTP application icon. When you do THAT it adds two additional files to full disk access in addition to TTP. Very difficult to understand what they want you to do and that IS to drag "that" icon and NOT the actual application icon. So to fix this issue, their text to grant full disk access needs to be MORE clear cause it is not!
The following user(s) said Thank You: saneman, UberFlyGuy

Full Disk Access 25 Feb 2019 22:35 #10815

macmanaspen,

I do not see how the screen capture video could be any clearer. It is linked above. I do not know whether you watched it or not.

MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 25 Feb 2019 22:35 by micromattech3.

Full Disk Access 12 Apr 2019 09:33 #10981

I too had this problem & tried al the tips offered by micro mat, BUT the video for the TTP installation ..shows the TTP symbol rather than the app & hey presto 3 items get added... see below for forum users help...WATCH THE VIDEO it helps a lot, just a shame the dragging of the TTP app from the applications folder doesn't do the same thing !!!!

mfaccone,

Thanks for the explanation of the plausible error you had made in your earlier effort to grant Full Disk Access.

We now have a Knowledge Base for TechTool Pro 11. The first article is a link to a YouTube screen capture video that shows the process of granting Full Disk Access in Mojave:

Full Disk Access 05 Jul 2019 01:39 #11222

micromattech3 wrote:
ben.dandoy,

It is to be expected that there will be a few problems with a new .01 release. So far, there is the problem with the "Do not show" message, two failed eDrives, and four people whose Full Disk Access preferences are not retained. Keep in mind that both APFS and Mojave are works-in-progress.

Mojave & APFS are not in beta or works-in-progress.

Full Disk Access 05 Jul 2019 01:48 #11223

macmanaspen wrote:
I believe the issue has been solved. The fix and or instructions are what is bad. When MM want's you to grant full access they do not want you to drag the application icon to full disk access. What they want you to do is to drag the icon of TTP in the drop down pop up window displaying that message, NOT the TTP application icon. When you do THAT it adds two additional files to full disk access in addition to TTP. Very difficult to understand what they want you to do and that IS to drag "that" icon and NOT the actual application icon. So to fix this issue, their text to grant full disk access needs to be MORE clear cause it is not!

This solution fix the issue, finally. Micromat's instructions were simply NOT clear. I had 5 of my IT staff read the instructions and each one agreed that the instructions were not precise and clear.

Full Disk Access 05 Jul 2019 03:18 #11224

Very few people had problems following the YouTube video to which I linked. If you follow the instructions, instead of second-guessing them, they work.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 05 Jul 2019 03:21 by micromattech3.
Time to create page: 0.479 seconds