Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: TechTool Pro 10.1.2 release notes

TechTool Pro 10.1.2 release notes 06 Dec 2018 22:39 #10456

TechTool Pro 10.1.2 release on Thursday, December 6, 2018:

* Fixed a reported TechTool Protection installation crash.
* Fixed an issue where Volume Rebuild would not rebuild volumes from disk images.
* Fixed missing TechTool Protection menu icon for macOS 10.14 ‘Mojave’ users.
* Fixed an Email Alerts send issue for the TechTool Protection system preference.
* Fixed incorrect 10Gbps speed for the Network dial in the main stage.
* Fixed greyed-out Create eDrive button issue.
* Fixed an errant Power On Self-Test failure in the the TechTool Protection system preference.
* Added Mac mini (2018) and MacBook Air (Retina, 13-inch, 2018) support.
* Added iPad Pro 11-inch and iPad Pro 12.9-inch (3rd Generation) support for Battery Check.
* Added version number of application into the Email Alerts message.
* Updated Bluetooth test to identify Bluetooth 5.x correctly.
* Updated Battery Check test for iOS devices to correctly read the Manufacturer Date information.
* Updated Email Alerts to enable the Send Test E-mail button when necessary fields are inputted.
* Updated device manufacturer database for the Local Network tool.
* Updated location and computer identification strings for Check Computer.
* Other minor fixes and corrections.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TechTool Pro 10.1.2 release notes 07 Dec 2018 00:29 #10457

Good evening,

I installed 10.1.2 on my MBP which is running 10.14.2.

I noticed that the eDrive is not operational...Any feedback on this?

Thank you in advance.

TechTool Pro 10.1.2 release notes 07 Dec 2018 00:56 #10458

So no Mojave support yet, I take it. Ugh.

TechTool Pro 10.1.2 release notes 07 Dec 2018 01:28 #10460

TechTool Pro 10.1.2 is a maintenance release for TechTool Pro 10.1.1. It is not compatible with Mojave. Due to changes Apple made in both the specifications for a bootable volume and the system software tools in Mojave, the ability to create an eDrive or a Protogo device will have to wait for the next update, TechTool Pro 11, which is expected some time this month.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TechTool Pro 10.1.2 release notes 07 Dec 2018 01:28 #10461

Ed,

I suggest you change your screen name to something other than an email address. These forums are indexed by Google, and you might get a lot of spam. Use the My Account link at the top of the page, and then the Account Information link. Changing your screen name retroactively updates the screen name that appears in all of your postings.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 07 Dec 2018 01:28 by micromattech3.

TechTool Pro 10.1.2 release notes 07 Dec 2018 01:36 #10463

Thanks for the update. Will that mean I’ll have to pay another upgrade fee?

TechTool Pro 10.1.2 release notes 07 Dec 2018 01:38 #10464

TechTool Pro 11 is a paid update for people who bought TechTool Pro 10.1.1 before November 12.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TechTool Pro 10.1.2 release notes 07 Dec 2018 17:15 #10465

Once again, this release has some confusing "features", the primary one being:

"Fixed missing TechTool Protection menu icon for macOS 10.14 ‘Mojave’ users."

Since V10.1.2 is not compatible with Mojave, then what does that mean?

For System Requirements, it does say "OS X 10.10 up to macOS 10.13 'High Sierra", but that is way at the bottom of the product line "Introducing TechtoolPro 10.

Once again, Micromat needs to do a much better job with this.

TechTool Pro 10.1.2 release notes 07 Dec 2018 17:49 #10466

Some testers noted the problem with the missing menu icon. The problem was reported, duplicated, and fixed.

The system requirements have always been at the bottom of the product descriptions. A suggestion has already been submitted that they also appear at the top.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TechTool Pro 10.1.2 release notes 09 Dec 2018 22:13 #10470

micromattech3 wrote:
Some testers noted the problem with the missing menu icon. The problem was reported, duplicated, and fixed.

Understand. But including terminology about Mojave "compatibility" could easily be interpreted incorrectly. As it is, a number of folks have tried to run TTPro with Mojave, but had problematic results.
micromattech3 wrote:
The system requirements have always been at the bottom of the product descriptions. A suggestion has already been submitted that they also appear at the top.

True, but it is still somewhat "buried" in the System Requirements. Yes, I realize they are there. But as we have seen, a number of folks did not check that out.

TechTool Pro 10.1.2 release notes 11 Dec 2018 16:29 #10471

I've just upgraded, and ran TTP 10.1.2's complete diagnostics overnight. All went well except I'm told that I need to do a Volume Rebuild. My question is, "Is this likely to be accurate, or could it be a symptom of the incompatibility between Mac OS X 10.14.1 and the new TTP?

I ask because I cannot run Volume Rebuild on the startup volume, and I'm unable to create an eDrive... which I think I understand is due to the incompatibility.

TechTool Pro 10.1.2 release notes 11 Dec 2018 16:47 #10472

You are correct that rebuilding the disk directory requires booting from another volume. If you have a bootable clone of your usual startup volume, that would work.

Here is our Knowledgebase article about the current compatibility of TechTool Pro and Mojave:

www.micromat.com/support/knowledge-base/...d-macos-10-14-mojave

We have been testing Techtool Pro with the macOS 10.14 Mojave betas since they were first released, and are currently working on an update to be released soon. Historically it has taken at least a month after the final release of a new operationg system before an update to Techtool Pro is ready. Because Techtool Pro is a complex application and has access to lower levels of the system than many applications, thorough testing is especially important. It is also important that we test with the final release version to make sure that no last minute changes are made to the OS which may have unforseen consequences when running Techtool Pro.

(Updated as of 10/30/18)

Techtool Pro 10.1.1 is largely compatible with macOS Mojave. All tests and tools that are not disabled should work with Mojave without conflict. The eDrive tool and Basic Profile in the Protogo tool do not yet support Mojave, and there will still be a compatibility dialogue when launching the application. All Techtool Pro owners should check for updates to download the latest version.

We will do our best to keep this page up to date with our progress.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TechTool Pro 10.1.2 release notes 14 Dec 2018 22:38 #10474

It would have been helpful if you had listed the incompatibility of TTP with eDrive. i deleted my old eDrive and found that I cannot instal a new eDrive with Mojave after deletion.

TechTool Pro 10.1.2 release notes 14 Dec 2018 22:48 #10475

Release notes are a list of new features and fixes in the new release. They are not a guide to using it, or a summary of its limitations. There has been a Knowledge Base article about the compatibility of TechTool Pro 10 and Mojave online since October 30:

Techtool Pro and macOS 10.14 Mojave.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TechTool Pro 10.1.2 release notes 19 Dec 2018 22:21 #10501

I am running High Sierra 10.13.6, have TechToolPro 10.2.1 install. I able to create a eDrive, but unable to boot from it, it freezes halfway on the booting process. Any solutions on this issue?

TechTool Pro 10.1.2 release notes 19 Dec 2018 23:15 #10502

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply by email, and may be asked to send in some additional information, such as an Apple System Information report. Thanks for your cooperation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TechTool Pro 10.1.2 release notes 24 Dec 2018 00:53 #10509

akent35,

If you have any questions regarding the use of TechTool Pro, please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . If you have any sales-related questions, please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TechTool Pro 10.1.2 release notes 24 Dec 2018 03:12 #10510

micromattech3 wrote:
akent35,

If you have any questions regarding the use of TechTool Pro, please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . If you have any sales-related questions, please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . Thank you.

I actually do not have any questions right now, except for the one involving the eDrive issues with V10.x. I really wonder if the eDrive functionality will be fine once V11.x of Tech Tool Pro is released. Can we get an update how that is progressing?

Also, what happened to my post, the one I did about 5 hours ago?

TechTool Pro 10.1.2 release notes 24 Dec 2018 03:19 #10511

akent35,

MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 24 Dec 2018 03:20 by micromattech3.
Time to create page: 0.361 seconds