Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Tech Tool Pro and Mojave, OS 10.14

Tech Tool Pro and Mojave, OS 10.14 29 Jul 2018 17:54 #10029

I am staying with TTPro V 9.6.3, as it suits my needs just fine. I am, though, wondering about OS 10.14, Mojave, and TTPro. What is the status of testing TTPro with Mojave? Any surprises so far? I know that for High Sierra, it was somewhat of a "struggle" for Micromat to finally have a compatible version of TTPro with High Sierra. IN fact, that version arrived in December, and OS 10.13.2 had been previously released.

I have also been informed by the sales department at Micromat that the update "cycle" is (for the most part) twice a year, and that the next update (besides any bug fixes) will be in December. Please clarify all this for me.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Tech Tool Pro and Mojave, OS 10.14 29 Jul 2018 18:46 #10030

The company is a registered developer, and gets the developer's releases of the system software. There is always work being done to make a new version that is compatible. The in-house testing of our software, as well as its beta testing, is confidential.

It is not possible to release a compatible version until it is known to be compatible with the final public release from Apple. In the past, crucial changes have existed between Apple's last beta, and what was released to the public. When Tiger was released, Apple introduced a new disk directory file, the Extended Attributes file, that was not in the disk directory of the last public beta. The result was not pretty for any utility that attempted to modify the disk directory without taking the Extended Attributes file into account

The next update is expected to be available in December, as you were told.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The following user(s) said Thank You: juzbrian

Tech Tool Pro and Mojave, OS 10.14 11 Aug 2018 17:52 #10052

I of course understand that a version compatible with Mojave (OS 10.14) cannot be released until at least the first version of Mojave is released (not sure where you got that from, as I never said that). Also, based on recent history, I am not expecting a compatible version of ZTTPro to be released until December.
Time to create page: 0.304 seconds