Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Alert mail never sends

Alert mail never sends 21 Jul 2018 13:23 #10002

This is now the third version of TechTool Pro that will not send email alerts.

I have the feature set up correctly, but when I choose to send a test email it never gets past "Connecting to host".

I am 100% certain I have the correct settings, and since it never "connects to host" it seems clear that my login information is not the issue.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Alert mail never sends 21 Jul 2018 13:32 #10003

Thanks for your report.

Please send a screen capture of the email alerts window, showing how it is configured, to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply by email on Monday. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Alert mail never sends 21 Jul 2018 13:52 #10004

Sent, thank you.

Alert mail never sends 21 Jul 2018 13:53 #10005

Well what do you know. After sending my email and posting here, I thought I'd give it one more shot .... and it worked. Please disregard!!

Alert mail never sends 21 Jul 2018 14:04 #10006

Thanks for letting us know that the alert was finally sent.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Alert mail never sends 11 Sep 2018 13:28 #10113

I can't figure out how to set up TTP to send email alerts.
I get a "Failed to connect to SMTP server on port 25" error when I "Send Test E-mail"

Never have figured out how to set this up and I have used TTP for quite a few versions now.

I do have 2 step verification ON and received a password but I just don't know what goes where ???
Attachments:

Alert mail never sends 11 Sep 2018 14:47 #10114

Port 25 is usually blocked by ISPs in their efforts to reduce spam.

If you use Apple mail via your ISP, you can see what port is in use the in the Apple Mail preferences. If you do not, your ISP should be able to tell you what port they recommend. They may have a support article online.

This article about using iCloud with TechTool Protection has some information about two-factor authentication:

Email alerts with iCloud two factor authentication

If none of this allows you to solve the problem, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread, and mention your ISP. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.355 seconds