Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Memory Test anomaly

Memory Test anomaly 06 Jul 2018 19:28 #9936

I have created a TechTool Pro 10 Protogo with Mac OS X Basic profile on a Lexar 16GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive.
I run TechTool Pro 10 Memory Test on my 13-inch mid-2013 MacBook Air (Memory Size = 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3) from that flash drive. The result ("Error") is shown in the attachment.

But there are anomalies:
1) the Error result comes just after determining the free memory size (about 5.6 GB) and BEFORE any tests run.
2) the accompanying notification is "Memory Test Passed".
3) TechTool Pro 9 is installed on the computer in question, and when I run Memory Test from that application, the result is that all tests show as passed (with approximately the same amount of free memory being tested).

I used TechTool 10 Pro (on another computer) to test the flash drive Partition Map, Volume Structures, and Surface scan. No errors / failures were indicated.

I can't decide on a reasonable interpretation of all this. Might there be a flaw in TechTool Pro 10?

John Baker
Vancouver Canada

PS I can't seem to add a .png attachment. I'll try again in a few minutes.
Attachments:
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Memory Test anomaly 06 Jul 2018 19:36 #9937

Thanks for your clear and detailed report.

I have not seen such a contradiction before. Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email. Thank you.

The evidence you have posted does strongly suggest that something is going wrong with the test when TechTool Pro 10.0.1 is run from your Protogo device. I would not be worried that I had defective memory if I saw such a result.

I suggest you change your screen name to something other than an email address. These forums are indexed by Google, and you might get a lot of spam. Use the My Account link at the top of the page, and then the Account Information link. Changing your screen name retroactively updates the screen name that appears in all of your postings.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Last Edit: 06 Jul 2018 19:41 by micromattech3.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.361 seconds