Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: I got a crash, intalling the TTP-control-pane for the first time, upgrading to v10.0.1, from v9.6.3

I got a crash, intalling the TTP-control-pane for the first time, upgrading to v10.0.1, from v9.6.3 20 Jun 2018 18:53 #9859

I got a crash, intalling the TTP-control-pane for the first time, upgrading to v10.0.1, from v9.6.3 .

I'm running High Sierra v10.13.5, on a mid-2015_15-inch_Retina_MacBook-Pro .

I don't' know, if the new TTP-control-pane, ended-up, installing, properly .
www.micromat.com/components/com_kunena/t...es/emoticons/sad.png
The administrator has disabled public write access.

I got a crash, intalling the TTP-control-pane for the first time, upgrading to v10.0.1, from v9.6.3 20 Jun 2018 19:25 #9860

Thanks for your report.

You can check to see if the TechTool Protection system preferences pane did get installed by opening System Preferences from the Apple menu, then opening our prefs pane. It is possible that what crashed is Apple's System Preferences application.

You can also install or remove the TechTool Protection system preferences pane from the TechTool Pro menu in the TechTool Pro application.

In any case, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , including a link to this thread. You will receive a reply by email, and may be asked to send in some additional information, such as an Apple System Information report, and the log from the crash. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

I got a crash, intalling the TTP-control-pane for the first time, upgrading to v10.0.1, from v9.6.3 20 Jun 2018 20:55 #9861

I uninstalled e-drive, then ALL of TechToolPro v10.0.1, AND the TTP-control-pane, then shut-down "System Preferences", then re-installed TTP v10.0.1, and STILL got the crash, when I tried to re-install the TTP-control-pane, BUT ...

... THIS TIME, I LOOKED at the crash, that it generated, and it crashed on a deliberate "Signal 15", for
an "Invalid Code Signature" !
www.micromat.com/components/com_kunena/t...es/emoticons/sad.png

I got a crash, intalling the TTP-control-pane for the first time, upgrading to v10.0.1, from v9.6.3 20 Jun 2018 22:23 #9862

Thank you. The crash log should prove helpful.

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , as described above. Thanks for your cooperation.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

I got a crash, intalling the TTP-control-pane for the first time, upgrading to v10.0.1, from v9.6.3 30 Jul 2018 15:49 #10038

i hope that I had sent you, the crash-log, previously, because the month-long window, has since expired, and forced the crash log, to drop-off of the log-files folders .

I might STILL be able to retrieve it, using my Time Machine backup .

I got a crash, intalling the TTP-control-pane for the first time, upgrading to v10.0.1, from v9.6.3 30 Jul 2018 15:52 #10039

If you are able to find the log, please send it to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . Thanks for your efforts.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

I got a crash, intalling the TTP-control-pane for the first time, upgrading to v10.0.1, from v9.6.3 03 Aug 2018 12:23 #10043

For some reason, the "Cleanup"-feature, of the Time-Machine backup-process, has cleared THAT log, out of my retrievable Time Machine volume .

I'd have to go through the TechTool_Pro v10.0.1, installation-procedure, all-over, again, which I don't have time-for, at the moment .

I got a crash, intalling the TTP-control-pane for the first time, upgrading to v10.0.1, from v9.6.3 03 Aug 2018 12:54 #10044

Thanks for giving it a try. I suggest you wait to see if This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. sees no other way to understand the crash tother than to repeat it.

Your mention of Time Machine has reminded me of something I had not considered for a long time, that it does not back up the Downloads folder. I had downloaded some music from Channel Classics. Two albums with all the various resolutions added up to 47 GB, and I was surprised when my next Time Machine run did not state that it was backing up that much data.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.312 seconds