Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: TechTool Pro 10 Crashes Every Time I Try To Open It!

TechTool Pro 10 Crashes Every Time I Try To Open It! 11 Jun 2018 20:57 #9758

I just purchased TechTool Pro 10 for Mac yesterday. I am running Apples's latest operating system. When I tried to open it for the first time, it crashed. I tried again and the same thing happened. So, I decided to do a restart and see if that made any difference. Nope! It crashed again.

I have never had a problem with a previous version of TechTool Pro. Now I buy their latest version and I can't even open it. I have sent emails to both Micromat sales and support, and have yet to hear anything back. Needless to say, I am not a happy camper!

Is anyone else experiencing this problem and/or can you help me with the problem? This is really infuriating!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

TechTool Pro 10 Crashes Every Time I Try To Open It! 11 Jun 2018 21:55 #9762

There are no other reports in the forums of the program crashing upon launch.

While you await an answer from This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , you could try using the Customize button and the checkboxes in the TechTool Pro installer to completely uninstall the program, then run the installer to reinstall it. Such a complete removal and reinstallation will require re-entering your serial number, and reconfiguring the features in the TechTool Protection system preferences pane.

In the aftermath of a new release, it is to be expected that the response time for support is going to be longer. Thanks for your cooperation and patience.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TechTool Pro 10 Crashes Every Time I Try To Open It! 12 Jun 2018 21:22 #9784

Yes. Running Mac OS 10.14 developer beta. will try reinstall.

TechTool Pro 10 Crashes Every Time I Try To Open It! 12 Jun 2018 21:27 #9785

Thanks for your cooperation. If reinstalling TechTool Pro 10.0.1 does not work, please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. .

I suggest you change your screen name to something other than an email address. These forums are indexed by Google, and you might get a lot of spam. Use the My Account link at the top of the page, and then the Account Information link. Changing your screen name retroactively updates the screen name that appears in all of your postings.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TechTool Pro 10 Crashes Every Time I Try To Open It! 12 Jun 2018 22:16 #9786

Reinstalling TechTool Pro 10 did not work. And I don't know what version I have because it crashed upon opening. It is the version you made available on June 10. I am running the latest Mac OS and have a clean system on a 2016 iMac. The problem has to be on your end. I have sent an email to help as instructed and I hope I get some help because previous emails went unanswered. I am very disappointed in your customer service!

TechTool Pro 10 Crashes Every Time I Try To Open It! 12 Jun 2018 22:19 #9787

Sorry for the delay in the response time. It is to be expected that the response time will be longer in the immediate aftermath of the release of a new version, in this case, TechTool Pro 10.0.1. Thanks for your cooperation and patience.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TechTool Pro 10 Crashes Every Time I Try To Open It! 13 Jun 2018 00:54 #9790

Same issue here - crashes on every start (tried at least 10 times, rebooted between several of these, did a full de-install & re-install, still crashes) and I'm not running MAC OS beta software but 10.3.5 on late 2013 15" MacBook Pro - please fix quickly

TechTool Pro 10 Crashes Every Time I Try To Open It! 13 Jun 2018 00:59 #9791

Please send a message to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , as described above. The more data we get from customers, the sooner we can determine the cause.

I suggest you change your screen name to something other than an email address. These forums are indexed by Google, and you might get a lot of spam. Use the My Account link at the top of the page, and then the Account Information link. Changing your screen name retroactively updates the screen name that appears in all of your postings.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TechTool Pro 10 Crashes Every Time I Try To Open It! 13 Jun 2018 02:03 #9792

By using the help email, I finally got a response and some suggestions to try. They seemed to think it might be an extension conflict. However, I tried everything they suggested and nothing worked. So then I decided to try and reinstall 9.6 and see if I had the same problem. I successfully reinstalled 9.6 with no problems and it is working fine. So, that tells me something is wrong with your new software and I have since seen other posts having the same problem with TechTool Pro 10 that I am having (crashing upon trying to open). You need to figure out what the problem is and get the software updated to correct for this ASAP!

TechTool Pro 10 Crashes Every Time I Try To Open It! 13 Jun 2018 02:06 #9793

nickel,

Thanks for your report. Please be sure to send your results to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TechTool Pro 10 Crashes Every Time I Try To Open It! 14 Jun 2018 17:50 #9808

I am having the same problem. Have tried the suggestions in this topic without success. It is obvious there is a problem with the software as this is clearly not an isolated problem. It is inexcusable to release a product that renders it useless. I have submitted information to the help email. No response yet. But a response with the typical rationalizations -- as apparently nickel has received -- is of no value. It would seem to indicate that micromat has no idea what the issue is, at least so far.

TechTool Pro 10 Crashes Every Time I Try To Open It! 14 Jun 2018 18:15 #9809

Thanks for your report.

Response time from This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. is unusually long at the moment. We appreciate your patience.

By contacting This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , and then sending in any requested files, such as an Apple System Profiler report and crash logs, you provide the programmers with information that should enable them to determine the cause of the problem. Once they determine the cause, and can reproduce the problem, fixing it is usually a straightforward process.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

TechTool Pro 10 Crashes Every Time I Try To Open It! 14 Jun 2018 18:32 #9810

I did reinstall after uninstall TTP 10.0.1. I did this on MacOS 10.14 beta, 10.13.6 beta 2, and 10.13.5. Application crashes on opening. TTP 9.6.3 works fine on those hard drives. I will change my user name later.

TechTool Pro 10 Crashes Every Time I Try To Open It! 14 Jun 2018 18:44 #9811

The software is not intended to be used with beta versions of the operating system, even though it clearly must be tested with them while it is in development.

Thanks for mentioning that you will change your screen name. It would be unfortunate to have to make this suggestion three times in one thread.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
Time to create page: 0.307 seconds