Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: MachineProfile misreports MBPR model

MachineProfile misreports MBPR model 31 May 2014 01:49 #5508

MachineProfile is misreporting the model and manufactured dates for my MacBook Pro Retina. It gets the model ID right, MacBookPro10,1, but then it says the model type is Retina, 15-inch, Early 2013. This is not possible, since the 10,1 series corresponds to the 15-inch, mid 2012 series. Of course, the About This Mac dialog agrees that this is a "Retina, Mid 2012."

MachineProfile also reports that my MBPR was assembled in China in July, 2013. But by that date, the Early 2013 model 10,2 series was in production (which went from Feb to Oct 2013).

I think I know what happened. I bought my MBPR refurbished from Apple. It is definitely the 10,1 mid 2012 model but it must have been marked in some was as remanufactured in July 2013, right before I bought it in August 2013. Perhaps you can adjust MachineProfile to take into account remanufacturing cases like this.

Best of luck!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

MachineProfile misreports MBPR model 31 May 2014 03:27 #5509

Thanks for your report, which raises an interesting issue I have not encountered before.

Please send a copy of your Apple System Information Report and a link to this thread to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. , in case there is some way we can improve Machine Profile to take remanufacturing into account. You will receive a reply by email on Monday. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.300 seconds