Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

Search Micromat Forum

Keyword

TOPIC: Identify Unbuffered or Registered memory

Identify Unbuffered or Registered memory 30 Aug 2012 17:12 #2813

Would it be possible to have MachineProfile identify Unbuffered or Registered memory?
AFAIK at the moment it doesn't specify if installed RAM is of one type or the other.
This would be useful on Mac Pros since they can mount both types of memory.

P.S.
I found a Mac Pro that MachineProfile states has been assembled in "DGK".
Actually, "DGK" are the first three characters of the serial number, that is DGKJ602CF4MG.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Identify Unbuffered or Registered memory 30 Aug 2012 17:17 #2814

I do not know whether the two memory types could be distinguished, but you have raised a good question.

Please send an email message, including a link to this thread, to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. . You will receive a reply by email, and may be asked to send in an Apple System Information Report for the model with the DGKJ602CF4MG serial number. That may help us to fix the problem with the assembly location. Thank you.
MicroMat Inc
Makers of TechTool

Re: Identify Unbuffered or Registered memory 06 Sep 2012 06:51 #2893

Andrea Govoni wrote:
P.S.
I found a Mac Pro that MachineProfile states has been assembled in "DGK".
Actually, "DGK" are the first three characters of the serial number, that is DGKJ602CF4MG.

Thank you Andrea for bring this matter to our attention. The "DGK" in the machine serial number means this Mac Pro was built in Cork, Ireland. The next version of MachineProfile (version 1.0.6) will correctly report this information when it's released.
The following user(s) said Thank You: XFox
Time to create page: 0.271 seconds